Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
I'm so mean at night
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:03 pm
Thank you @mouthtape poster that really made me lol. Yes my babies are slightly over a year and should be sleeping through the night but it's always something else. Ear infections, flu, strep, teething. So sleep goes out the window. Last night I was up every hour on the hour. Turns out it's ear infection again. I'm just so tired. Now the babies are so used to waking up they just do it even when they are feeling ok. They slept better at 8 months old than they do now. I like the idea of shifts. don't mind taking a 12-4am shift. Waking up between 4-6 am is torture for me. But it's not going to happen.My husband is a night owl and goes to sleep between 1-2am. So he supposedly takes care during those hours but I get woken up anyway by the crying, and so is the sleeping baby. I get so irritated because when it's my turn I feel like I never really got a decent stretch of sleep.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:37 pm
for the shift that he's in charge, can you wear ear plugs, sleep on a different level of the home, ask him to take them to a different level of the home, turn off the baby monitor and have him be really near them since he's a night owl anyway, etc?

And what's going on with their immune system that all this has happened in their very short life? I'm so sorry your babies have been sick. Definitely support their immunity because at their age yes they CAN sleep through the night. Teething pain is one thing, but you said ear infection AGAIN, *and* flu, *and* strep?

yjlyar10

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:46 pm
Our twins are 5 years old KH but this post brought me right back to those early days..

I highly recommend dividing up the night so that you each get a chunk of sleep undisturbed (in a different room than the babies) and then switch. It is basically impossible to get any sleep while taking care of twins so don't even expect it! When its your turn to be on twin duty try to get rest when you can but don't expect to get real sleep until your off duty and vice versa.

I also highly recommend that you wake the sleeping twin to feed them when the first one wakes up so they are on the same routine. It is different than having one baby. Getting them on the same eating/sleeping routine is essential to survival!!!

In the morning, if you said things out of anger and exhaustion, there is nothing wrong with saying I am sorry for what I said. I appreciate your help so much and I know you are trying your best. I am tired and grumpy and I wish I handled xyz differently.. It will actually strengthen your relationship Heart

Lastly, IT GETS EASIER IY"H!!! Hang in there!!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more