Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Wood floors
Previous  1  2

queenie

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 9:52 am
Wow, you have time to do a web search for vinegar?? You have way too much spare time on your hands.

mommy2

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 2:47 pm
queenie I guarantee u u wouldnt smell the vinegar that I use on the floors. My mother 's been doing it for yrs and I also do it that way w no problems. try it out ull c for urself.

chavamom

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 7:15 pm
queenie wrote:
Wow, you have time to do a web search for vinegar?? You have way too much spare time on your hands.

Probably no more than you have to post on imamother. MEOW!

lucy

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 9:03 pm
chavamom pretty catty comeback!
Look just use whatever works for you!Chill out it is just a floor LOL
You do know that any husband who happens to read this thread is having a really good laugh at what we spend our time chatting on the internet about!

queenie

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 9:15 pm
Quote:
Probably no more than you have to post on imamother. MEOW!

Hmm, let's see, I joined in Feb. and have 290 posts and you joined in May and have over 500 posts. Nope, I think you have way more time than me.

And Lucy, I still think you should stop using the vinegar on your floors. I really can't believe they are shiny with all that acid. Remember the acid/base tests in high school? Yeah, vinegar is acid based, that's why I don't think it's good for your floors.

Ok, 'nuff said on this topic.

daisy

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 9:48 pm
Is there any special kind of mop to use? And has anyone ever tried the swiffer wet mop with the special solution for wood floors?

chavamom

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 10:20 pm
lucy wrote:
chavamom pretty catty comeback!

Er, I think the point was that I couldn't believe that a FLOOR CLEANING method thread had become so catty ('meow' anyone?). I did a websearch b/c my cleaning lady uses vinegar and water on my hardwood and was worried that it might cause longterm damage.

BTW - I have 6 kids, and work 30 hours a week. I post at night after kids are in bed. Perhaps I sleep less, but really doubt that I have 'more sparetime' than many of the young pishers here. Speed reading and good typing skills are a must Wink .

daisy

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 6:33 am
First of all: Rolling Eyes
Can we get back on topic. I really do need some more advice about wood floors, as we are going to be having them - Iy"H

In addition to my above questions (what kind of mop to buy and does anyone use a swiffer wet jet with wood floor solution?) What kind of vacuum is appropriate for wood floors? I remember when I bought my hoover, the saleslady said something about it being OK for floors, but she didn't know about wood (which was not an issue at the time).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry