Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often to wash/mop floors

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:57 am
How often do you mop/wash the bedroom floors, if no shoes are worn in the bedrooms & no food in bedrooms?

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:58 am
Once a week. I vacuum daily.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:59 am
amother OP wrote:
How often do you mop/wash the bedroom floors, if no shoes are worn in the bedrooms & no food in bedrooms?

I have carpet in all the bedrooms. They get vacuumed once a week. All wooden/tile floors (hallways, first floor, bathrooms) get washed every day.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:06 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
I have carpet in all the bedrooms. They get vacuumed once a week. All wooden/tile floors (hallways, first floor, bathrooms) get washed every day.

Woah. Supermom!
I haven't mopped at all in about 4 weeks, but that's probably not helpful to you, OP. (I'm 3 weeks pp, giving myself some slack)
Generally, though, kitchen/dining room is once a week (and spot cleaned as necessary) and bedrooms around once a month.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:10 am
3-4 times a week downstairs
Bedrooms are carpet so 1-2 times

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:11 am
My CL mops once per week, but I dont have a robot vacuum that vacuums twice per day and that really helps my floor stay somewhat clean.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:18 am
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Woah. Supermom!
I haven't mopped at all in about 4 weeks, but that's probably not helpful to you, OP. (I'm 3 weeks pp, giving myself some slack)
Generally, though, kitchen/dining room is once a week (and spot cleaned as necessary) and bedrooms around once a month.

Nope, super cleaning lady!!!!
And Mazal tov

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:33 am
Once a week.

(High traffic areas more)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:35 am
So my cleaning lady would mop once a week. She left a couple of months ago, and I followed that pattern. But I realized that the floors aren't dirty and I wonder if they need to be mopped weekly. (Talking about bedrooms only, no food or shoes.)
I sweep the floors a couple of times a week.

Comptroller

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 10:15 am
Once a week.
Or when the MIL approaches.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 10:27 am
My cleaning lady mops upstairs twice a week and the main floor every day

readreread

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 4:20 am
I have pets and an 18 month old, so…every other day. I vacuum/sweep 2x daily.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 4:26 am
I think the answer will vary widely based on how much cleaning help people have.

I have cleaning help once a week so floors are mopped once a week.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 5:56 am
No food but yes shoes. The bedrooms are moped one a week.

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:04 am
Most of the time 2x a week
But, it’s just passing a swiffer mop
It’s not scrubbing
Unless I find something sticky on the floor and then it’s just scrub the sticky part

Tile floors
Cleaning help 2x a week

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:42 am
Downstairs I vacuum daily and mop once a week. Upstairs I vacuum once a week and mop every other week. When my baby goes to school I'll mop every week like I used to. No shoes or food. No cleaning help.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 7:39 am
No food, yes shoes (well w a 1.5 yo cookie monster I'm not so confident with this declaration of "no food" but we try to keep all bedroom doors closed when shes up. Doesnt always happen.)
I tidy the rooms every morning so if I see something got dirty I spot clean (rarely)
Otherwhise I sweep the floors on Wednesday.
Cleaning lady sweeps and washes on Monday. And then cleaning lady sweeps on Friday.

I know lots of people who do once in 2 weeks or less. Especially if no shoes no food.

Kitchen/living room/dining room (open concept) gets swept 1-2× depending on the day. Washed 2x a week monday/Friday (cleaning lady) and spot cleaned in between.

Steps/entrance, as needed. In the fall it's swept daily becuase all the leaves migrate inside. When it's snowy, or rainy/muddy it gets washed more frequently. Otherwise 2x a week swept and washed by cleaning lady and Wednesday I sweep when I do the bedrooms.
Downstairs is all carpet and that gets vacuumed 2x a week.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 8:13 am
Once a week the main floor and the bathrooms. The bedrooms once a week or once every 2 weeks. There's no food, no shoes upstairs.
I feel like a slob reading this thread.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 8:18 am
lamplighter wrote:
Once a week the main floor and the bathrooms. The bedrooms once a week or once every 2 weeks. There's no food, no shoes upstairs.
I feel like a slob reading this thread.

If there are no shoes or food, there's usually no need to clean the floors more often. No need to feel like a slob!

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 8:31 am
Can everyone add in if it's them or their cleaning lady? I have no cleaning help. Bedrooms get swept once a week and mopped if I still have any time erev shabbos after mopping kitchen and dining room. House of only littles so I don't even have chores to give out yet
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry