Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanuka Chizuk

amother

Post Tue, Dec 04 2007, 2:57 pm
Anyone have any to share with the group?
How can Chanuka brighten up even the most depressed home?
What should we think about during chanuka?

cookielady

Post Tue, Dec 04 2007, 3:07 pm
Well, you say even in the most depressed home, so try to remember that Hashem can bring a miracle in the blink of an eye. Even when the odds and nature are stacked against us.

Sing when you light the menorah even if you are alone. It will help to get into Chanukah spirit.

Happy Chanukah and may Hashem fill your home with light and happiness!!

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Dec 04 2007, 3:16 pm
a big part of neis chanuka was the triumph of the few over the many, the weak over the strong, a small cruse of oil lasting eight days. Basically, with Hashem backing us, anything is possible. When the going gets rough, remember this. and an apropriate chazal- "pischu li pesach shel machat, v'Ani eftach l'chem pesach shel ulam"- open an opening as small as a needle's eye, and I (Hashem) will open for you like the opening of a (simcha) hall. May Hashem open the doors of bracha for you and you should have much simcha.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 04 2007, 5:40 pm
amen.
chagim are becoming esp. difficult for me - I don't mind filling in for dh during the week, and even Shabbosim have become quite enjoyable (altho I still dislike making the Kiddush), but I just couldn't bring myslef to light the Chanuka licht - it represented too much of what has gone wrong in my life and how it will never be quite right.
In the end, one of the girls lit and was motizi everyone and we decided to take turns every nt (there are enough big kids to go around, B"H!). That way is easier for me because than I don't feel that I'm being put on the spot to try to replace something or someone. But I spent a couple of hours crying in bed.
(Our marriage is not working.)

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 2:50 am
O amother, I am truly sorry.
Feel free to PM me.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 10:50 am
B"H, tonight I was able to feel that even if something nice may be over, I can bs"d make something differnet and also nice from now on.
Tonight I benched for everyone and it was fine.
(Maybe you were daveining for me? Hashem listened to your tfilos.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics