Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Kooba soup

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 7:01 pm
does anyone know how to make kooba soup?? I tried last week adn all my koobas disingergrated

zuncompany

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 9:32 pm
I do! I'll post it tomorrow for you. I love it!!!!!!

sara

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 9:36 pm
Mind my ignorance but what is kooba Question

miriam

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 11:00 pm
I don't mean to sound rude but I was laughing hysterically from your initial question. I have never heard of kooba. I googled it and it seems to be a mix of rice and meatballs. Is this accurate? It has such a funny name!!!

mother of 2 princess's

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 3:56 am
actually it is an israeli dish maybe even morocon. theres a restaurant round her that makes it its delicous. it is a tomoto based soup with corgettes I think you call zucinni and celery. and like a big ball a bit like a knadelech with meat in the inside and I think it is made with semolina

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 12:12 pm
Quote:
and I think it is made with semolina

Then NO THANKS sorry grew up on that stuff! Won't give to my kids ia"h ever ever ever!!!!!!!!!! Exploding anger

zuncompany

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 12:44 pm
Koobeh is to die for! I ate it every erev Shabbos at my host Israeli family when I was an exchange student in Israel. They were Iraqi.

3 cups fine semolina
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 cups hot water
6 small onions
5 garlic cloves, diced
2 Tbsps veg or olive oil
1/4 cup diced celery root
3 beets, peeled and diced
6 small red plums, pitted and diced
6 cups cold water
1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
2 cups chopped italian parsely or cilantro
3/4 lb ground beef
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp dried or 1 Tbsp fresh chopped mint
1 Tbsp sugar (optional)

1. put semolina, 1/4 tsp salt, and hot water in bowl, mix, and set aside
2.for soup- dice one onion and saute with garlic and oil for a few mins. add celery root, beets, and plums and saute, covered, for about 15 mins. Add cold water and simmer slowly, covered.
3. filling- process the remaining 5 onions, celery leaves, parsely/cilantro in a food processor fitted with a steal blade until finely chopped- not pureed.
4. add beef, pepper, and remaining salt to the onions and mix well with your fingers.
5.knead semolina until very pliable. wet hands, take a walnut-sized portion of the semolina dough and flatten with palm. place 1 tsp of meat mixture in center of circle. Using thumb and forefinger, enclose meat and roll into a ball. repeat keeping hands wet the whole time!
6. place dumplings into the soup and bring to a boil. They will sink to the bottom and thicken the soup. Cover ans simmer for 30 mins or until cooked through. Add water if soup gets to thick. Adjust seasoning with additional salt, pepper, mint, and sugar.

I have another one- have to find it. This one is from Joan Nathan.

I remember my host mom sitting on the floor each thursday night (okay it was friday morning at like 4am!) making them. Than when I came home from school Friday at noon the whole house smelled of it. YUMMY!! When I was preg. with Zu this is all I craved!

Sara

mother of 2 princess's

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 1:00 pm
thank you so much
im definatly going to try and make it
have you used this receipe b4
ill let you know how it goes

actually my freind just gave me a receipe for chicken salad that im going to try too
2 chicken breasts
mango chutney
mild curry powder
lemon or lime squeezed
mayonaise
cut up chicken and make dressing put on a bed of salad
sounds nice
let you know how it goes

zuncompany

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 1:02 pm
I used the other one, but this one is very similar to what my other one said from what I remembered. I can email my old host sister and ask for her mom's recipe. You know what... I would love it anyway. I will let you know when I get it:)

Sara

mother of 2 princess's

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 4:36 pm
its just I tried making kooba from a freinds receipe who didnt tell me amount of water and it all disintegrated so id love exact amounts
thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics