Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Keeping soup warm

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:59 pm
For medical reasons a family member can only have clear liquids this shabbos. How can I keep broth warm throughout the entire day?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:09 pm
Would be easiest to use powder (soup mix) and mix with hot water throughout shabbos as needed

:)iknowit

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:10 pm
In a crock pot on warm and place a towel
On top.

I’ve also had soup in an oven however it takes a few shabbosim to figure out the perfect temp on your oven. Anywhere from 200-250. Too low and it can get spoiled, too high and it boils down and is too condensed.

essie14

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 2:25 am
Crockpot on low all shabbat.
I would make 2 separate soups. One for Friday night in a pot. And a 2nd one I'd put into the crockpot right before shabbat and let it cook all night. It will taste better than a fully cooked soup which continues to cook all night.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 2:39 am
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Would be easiest to use powder (soup mix) and mix with hot water throughout shabbos as needed

Youd have to be careful to only use a kli shlishi though.
https://dinonline.org/2023/01/.....bbos/

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 2:41 am
amother Honeysuckle wrote:

One needs to use hot water only from kli shlishi.
Speak to your Rabbi about this matter OP.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 3:49 am
Thanks for the responses. Soup is already made and not going to use soup powder so will use the crock pot on low and hope for the best.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:23 am
I keep my soup on the blech and never had a problem. It gets darker overnight but we don't consider that a defect.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note