Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Paid Family Leave Advice Needed

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 11:55 am
I was thinking about taking paid family leave my dd is going through a medical issue and I want to be there for her while she recuperates, here is the issue though the company I am working for is having a very difficult time financially, they are trying to figure out how to pay everyone if I take paid family leave it might cost them a lot more money and I don't want to hurt them. However, I really do need the time to take care of dd. I could potentially work from home but not sure that I want to. I have worked for the company for 10 years and they heavily rely on me. The company might be moving as well as they lost their lease so not sure what their plans on for relocation.

They also suggested to me in the Summer that I try to find something else as they can't afford to pay me but when I spoke to boss he said we have a great team if you find something we can discuss it then meaning that they don't want me to leave.

So what do I do? Should I work from home? Should I do paid family leave?

I feel so stuck.

amother
Oleander

Post Yesterday at 12:04 pm
FMLA payments come out of the taxes that you and your employer have already paid in. This will not cost them extra.
Unless they mean they don't want to hire someone to cover for you.
Though it does sound like if you take leave they may try to push you out as their company and your position are in precarious situations.
I'm so so sorry.

teachkids

Post Yesterday at 12:14 pm
As previous poster said- PFL is generally paid by insurance or the government, so it may be worth asking your company- "I know things are tight right now, and I'm considering taking PFL for x amount of time. Would that be helpful to the company to not need to pay me for that time? Would my job still be here when I get back?"

amother
Feverfew

Post Yesterday at 12:36 pm
Most states PFL offer job protection as well for the time you’re away
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics