Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Why do companies hide the hechsher online??

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:31 pm
So many times I want to order groceries from non-Jewish groceries and the pictures don’t show a hechsher. They literally have it removed from the packaging just for the website. It’s so frustrating as then I don’t know if it’s kosher.

Anyone else notice this?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:33 pm
Yes. Noticed. And wondered why.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:37 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Yes. Noticed. And wondered why.

If it’s because of antisemitism then what happens when they get the food and see it? And they have it in stores so why wouldn’t they be worried about it in person?

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:41 pm
I ordered a product from a FRUM company and it came with no hechscher. I was mortified because I sent it out to 50 frum people that I work with and they came back to me and said they've heard of the company but it doesn't have any symbol on it. When I went back to the company and I complained and said how could he send it out this way, they told me it markets better without the hechscher so they specifically don't put it on but can add it on a sticker if I send out more. I was very upset. It was an expensive thing and probably mostly went to the garbage cause of this. I just don't get it.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 11:13 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
I ordered a product from a FRUM company and it came with no hechscher. I was mortified because I sent it out to 50 frum people that I work with and they came back to me and said they've heard of the company but it doesn't have any symbol on it. When I went back to the company and I complained and said how could he send it out this way, they told me it markets better without the hechscher so they specifically don't put it on but can add it on a sticker if I send out more. I was very upset. It was an expensive thing and probably mostly went to the garbage cause of this. I just don't get it.

Wow that’s crazy!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics