Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Framing flat canvas painting

seeker  

Post Sun, Oct 06 2024, 8:40 am
I made a painting using acrylics on a small flat canvas panel (9x12 in). I worked really hard on it, paid quite a lot for the class I did it in, and am pretty satisfied with how it came out.

How do I frame it? Because it's flat, do I just get a 9x12 photo frame and pop it in or does it need some kind of special treatment?

ra_mom  

Post Sun, Oct 06 2024, 8:50 am
There's something called a canvas floating frame. It's for canvas panels specifically (the flat canvases). The gist of it is that painting looks better without a glass.

MCS Canvas Float Frames 9x12 Frame, Black Frame for Finished Canvases, Vertical & Horizontal Wall Hanging Large Frame with Adhesive for Canvas Paintings (1-Pack) https://a.co/d/caCvYYb

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:19 pm
Thanks for the lead, I'd never heard of that. The ones I see all look like they'd be too deep for a flat panel canvas. Should I just use a regular frame without the glass or would that damage the edges of the painting?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:22 pm
seeker wrote:
Thanks for the lead, I'd never heard of that. The ones I see all look like they'd be too deep for a flat panel canvas. Should I just use a regular frame without the glass or would that damage the edges of the painting?

You can for sure try a regular one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art