What should I do
Do a joint party with both side  
 96%  [ 27 ]
Do 2 separate parties  
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

ttheswipper

Post Yesterday at 1:37 pm
What do people generally do for a baby's first birthday. A party? Nothing? Small supper at home? It's my first baby, I want to make a party with family but I feel like it might be awkward to do something with mine and my husband's families together. What did other ppl do? 2 separate parties or together.

Blessing1

Post Yesterday at 1:40 pm
My kids didn't have a 1st birthday party Surprised.
Besides for my youngest, my siblings that live local wanted to come for a pizza dinner so that was a birthday party.

zaq

Post Yesterday at 4:00 pm
IMHO it's pointless to make a party for a one-year-old, who has no clue what's going on in any case. If you're looking for an excuse to make a party, find a different one. And if the two sets of g-rents don't get along, you will need to think about what happens at future bar mitzvahs, graduations and weddings, because you're not likely to make two separate celebrations for those.

healthymom1

Post Yesterday at 4:05 pm
Waste of time and money. But if you have extra of both yes it’s 1 party for everyone.

I wouldn’t make a party. But I would do a family
Bbq or something and everyone invited

agreer

Post Yesterday at 4:22 pm
Why on earth would you make 2 separate?

1 or nothing.

Happy birthday!!!

causemommysaid

Post Yesterday at 8:47 pm
zaq wrote:
IMHO it's pointless to make a party for a one-year-old, who has no clue what's going on in any case. If you're looking for an excuse to make a party, find a different one. And if the two sets of g-rents don't get along, you will need to think about what happens at future bar mitzvahs, graduations and weddings, because you're not likely to make two separate celebrations for those.

Party is for the parents not the baby.

They want to get fun cake smash pictures, cute themes, invite over friends etc.

What's wrong with this "excuse" for a party?

nightingale1

Post Yesterday at 11:51 pm
I did 2 because they our parents don’t live close by and we just did very chill, just a little cake and presents. His birthday is erev pesach, so I invited my in-laws who live close by for that, and then shabbos chol hamoed by my parents we did another one.

essie14

Post Today at 12:13 am
The time is now for the 2 sets of grandparents to start getting along. Don't set the precedent of separate parties. Otherwise you'll be on here in 12 years crying about your son's bar mitzvah.
Make one small party and everyone shows up for their grandson who they love.

ftm1234

Post Today at 12:18 am
I made a small party for my baby.

My younger siblings came over, we had a cake smash (not her face, her hands) and then had some glow in the dark stuff because she LOVES colorful lights in the dark.

We also bought her some new bath toys.

She was very happy.

ETA I wouldn’t throw a full blown party for a 1 year old; I think that will be too overwhelming. Invite grandparents and maybe some of your younger siblings/nieces and nephews. Not more than that

Layokee

Post Today at 9:06 am
If you want to do a cake smash definitely do not invite people over as your child will probably not cooperate when there are too many people.

naturalcurls

Post Today at 10:24 am
My husbands family has become my family’s family and vice versa. They love to see each other at my simchas. Same with all my siblings and their in laws. It wouldn’t even cross my mind to make 2 separate parties.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries