Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How many weekday outfits
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:37 pm
For a girl who wear a uniform?

My preteen daughter and I are not seeing eye to eye. She only needs these outfits for Sundays.

amother
Seafoam  

Post Yesterday at 9:39 pm
They usually like at least 3 different outfits

amother
Royalblue  

Post Yesterday at 9:41 pm
And between Yom Kippur and Sukkos and chol hamoed and midwinter and Rosh Chodesh where I live. Dd has around 4 tops that are winter only plus a couple more that are summer but she wears sometimes. Skirts are mostly for all year round so she has more.

amother
Lily  

Post Yesterday at 9:44 pm
We don’t do outdoors. We do skirts and tshirts/sweatshirts/sweaters

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:53 pm
So she has one set that fits from last year and I already bought her another two tops. I was going to buy another one or two, depending on the price. I think four is plenty, but she insists that she NEEDS more. Can’t explain why, but all her friends have more! And more expensive tops! I’m so mean!

amother
  Seafoam  

Post Yesterday at 10:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
So she has one set that fits from last year and I already bought her another two tops. I was going to buy another one or two, depending on the price. I think four is plenty, but she insists that she NEEDS more. Can’t explain why, but all her friends have more! And more expensive tops! I’m so mean!

So tell her that this is what you’re starting with and you’ll reevaluate after succos and see if she needs more.
Definitely sounds like she has a few things to start with.

amother
Freesia  

Post Yesterday at 10:23 pm
4-5 for all the days off Chanukah, midwinter, sick days, snow days etc..

amother
  Freesia

Post Yesterday at 10:24 pm
amother OP wrote:

She’s a teenager. You don’t need to get stressed when she says everyone has or you are so mean. Stick to what you said and let her be a teenager. Nothing with happen.

amother
Honeysuckle  

Post Yesterday at 10:52 pm
My girls have 4 better outfits plus plenty of sweatshirts/sets/skirts. They change out of their uniform every day when they come home from school.

familyfirst  

Post Yesterday at 11:01 pm
As a mom of teenage and married girls:

Please get them enough clothes to make them feel confident. No need to get tons of the best, but a girl that age is very image conscious and a nice wardrobe does much for her confidence. This is what she needs now. Don’t over do it, but do to reach minimalism at the expense of her emotional health.

Consider it preventive therapy. Which it is.

familyfirst  

Post Yesterday at 11:01 pm
familyfirst wrote:

Please get them enough clothes to make them feel confident. No need to get tons of the best, but a girl that age is very image conscious and a nice wardrobe does much for her confidence. This is what she needs now. Don’t overdo it, but do not preach minimalism at the expense of her emotional health.

amother
Currant

Post Yesterday at 11:12 pm
familyfirst wrote:

Please get them enough clothes to make them feel confident. No need to get tons of the best, but a girl that age is very image conscious and a nice wardrobe does much for her confidence. This is what she needs now. Don’t over do it, but do to reach minimalism at the expense of her emotional health.

If someone's emotional health is so precarious that refusing them a fourth or fifth outfit will shatter them, she should be in therapy to learn that externals don't make u confident. It never ends that wsy.

amother
Ruby

Post Yesterday at 11:12 pm
familyfirst wrote:

I know... but how exactly do I pay my electric bill or buy food ?

familyfirst

Post Today at 12:08 am
Ouch
Didn’t realize it was a choice between nicer clothes or paying electric bills

That sounds so tough:(

Are there ways for her to earn money in her own? Tutoring? Babysitting?

Wasn’t talking about 4-5 outfits- was thinking more like three nice outfits and some backup

Sorry about your tight financial situation. Hope things ease up for you soon

amother
Navyblue

Post Today at 12:19 am
How old is your daughter? Is she still growing? Did she ever go to sleepaway camp?
Other posters, how do your girls have so few outfits???
My 13 year old DD has probably 14 tshirts, 10 weekday skirts and about 8 sweatshirts. (But she hasn't grown much in 2 years, so it's an accumulation over time)

amother
  Honeysuckle  

Post Today at 12:21 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
How old is your daughter? Is she still growing? Did she ever go to sleepaway camp?
Other posters, how do your girls have so few outfits???
My 13 year old DD has probably 14 tshirts, 10 weekday skirts and about 8 sweatshirts. (But she hasn't grown much in 2 years, so it's an accumulation over time)

I think OP is asking about winter outfits, not camp outfits.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 7:35 am
familyfirst wrote:
Ouch
Didn’t realize it was a choice between nicer clothes or paying electric bills

That sounds so tough:(

Are there ways for her to earn money in her own? Tutoring? Babysitting?

Wasn’t talking about 4-5 outfits- was thinking more like three nice outfits and some backup

Sorry about your tight financial situation. Hope things ease up for you soon

That wasn’t me. BH we can pay our bills ok but we don’t have a lot of room for extras. I try to do clothes shopping on somewhat of a budget, because I need for multiple kids ka’h.

I said I thought 4 outfits was okay, but she insists on more. And she’s very picky about what meets her standards. I of course want her to feel good about herself, but she is the kind of kid who is always asking for more without appreciating what we give her. She has an allowance and a nice amount of money, but she does not like to spend her own money. She said it’s my job to buy her clothes Can't Believe It

teachkids  

Post Today at 7:42 am
Very reasonable for you to buy her 4 and offer to take her to the store to buy more with money she's earned. If you want to be really nice you can give her the opportunity to earn money at home, but not necessary.

When I was a teen my mother handed me $100 bill (so $150 in today's money I guess) and said anything beyond that was on me.

amother
  Royalblue  

Post Today at 7:45 am
I just looked at the calendar, between erev YT, chol hamoed and isru chag it’s 6 days of not doing laundry. She does need what to wear.

teachkids

Post Today at 7:49 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
I just looked at the calendar, between erev YT, chol hamoed and isru chag it’s 6 days of not doing laundry. She does need what to wear.

But she can probably wear her summer clothes erev and isru chag
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics