Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How many weekday outfits
Previous  1  2

amother
  Lily

Post Today at 8:24 am
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
I think OP is asking about winter outfits, not camp outfits.

What’s the difference? Camp ended a month ago. Why are all those clothes unusable? How come I’m perfectly fine wearing the same tshirts and skirts then and now? (So is my daughter, btw) This summer-winter nahrishkeit has got to stop. There are lots and lots of options in between.

amother
  Seafoam

Post Today at 8:37 am
Maybe look on ally or shein for in style, cheaper options for fill ins.

lfab

Post Today at 8:39 am
What I do with my girls is I get them a few things at the beginning of the season. Then, Thanksgiving time when many of the stores have sales (junees is usually 50% off and other stores have sales too), I'll fill in and get a few more if needed. They don't really need the heavy winter stuff until then anyway and if there are a few cold days here or there before that they have the few new things they already got.

Busybee5

Post Today at 8:44 am
teachkids wrote:
But she can probably wear her summer clothes erev and isru chag

And she can hopefully keep herself clean and warm the same thing twice in a row!

amother
Blush

Post Today at 8:56 am
amother OP wrote:
That wasn’t me. BH we can pay our bills ok but we don’t have a lot of room for extras. I try to do clothes shopping on somewhat of a budget, because I need for multiple kids ka’h.

I said I thought 4 outfits was okay, but she insists on more. And she’s very picky about what meets her standards. I of course want her to feel good about herself, but she is the kind of kid who is always asking for more without appreciating what we give her. She has an allowance and a nice amount of money, but she does not like to spend her own money. She said it’s my job to buy her clothes Can't Believe It

So she is a typical pre teen / teen.
Is there a way you can compromise so she feels heard.( and like you are treating her like she is mature)
An example we will buy 2 now but when it goes on sale we will get more
Or she can have a budget and choose to spend more on one fancier or have more cheaper amounts
Because to her this an emotional “need” not physical.( so don’t view it as a clothing budget . But something we do for emotional health of our children)

I agree with her unless it is designer luxury item or family is strapped for cash it isn’t the norm for a child to be paying for clothing.
Good luck!
It isn’t easy parenting this age

amother
  Honeysuckle

Post Today at 9:01 am
amother Lily wrote:
What’s the difference? Camp ended a month ago. Why are all those clothes unusable? How come I’m perfectly fine wearing the same tshirts and skirts then and now? (So is my daughter, btw) This summer-winter nahrishkeit has got to stop. There are lots and lots of options in between.

It's not narishkeit. I'd assume most people have a separate summer & winter wardrobe. We wear what's appropriate for the season & weather.

amother
  Royalblue

Post Today at 9:04 am
amother Lily wrote:

I don’t consider it nareshkeit to want 3/4 sleeves in the summer and long sleeves in the winter. That’s what I do for myself I can’t expect differently from my girls.
Skirts we do all year round.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics