Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Naming your last child

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 11:23 pm
I know this is a strange question, but did anyone name their last child something special, relating to it being the last?

fleetwood

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 11:25 pm
How can you ever know for sure?

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 11:26 pm
No, I named for relatives same as all my other kids. This name happened to have been a relative we were particularly close with and has the most meaning for us but that was coincidental, they only passed away right before that baby.

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 11:26 pm
It doesn't sound strange to me only bc I remember learning that Benyamin was named that because he was the youngest. Something to do with being his father's right hand in his old age. Maybe someone else can explain it better.

But I'm not personally aware of it with anyone I know today.

amother
Steel

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 11:40 pm
No. How could one ever know? I remember when my first was born, someone gave me a bunch of baby things because "they aren't going to need them anymore" (books, toys) because their youngest was already in elementary school. 1-2 years later they had one. I bought them some new ones as a baby gift since I knew they didn't have any!

But for my youngest- I don't know if this will be my last but I have a suspicion given DH. So I made sure to name my baby after a beloved relative who I had wanted to name after.

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 11:43 pm
My last pregnancy almost killed me and I told DH I am never putting myself or our family through this again. So we were very definite that our youngest would be our last. We even gave away all our baby things as soon as we were done with them. But we didn't name the baby anything to indicate that he was our last. He happens to be our only boy after a few girls, so we named him after a relative who we had wanted to name for all along if we ever had a boy.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 11:55 pm
my youngest is Yosef. He is named after someone special to us.
I was an older mother (mid 40’s) at his north and pretty sure that we were not looking to have another.
someone joked to me that perhaps we named him that for “Yosef Hashem Li Ben Acher”, but I told her, only G-d knows what will be, but that is a bracha I will extend to my children and Bezh, they will have more children soon.

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:20 am
I know someone who named their youngest binyomin. But after a bunch of years they changed their mind and had more children.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 1:38 am
fleetwood wrote:
How can you ever know for sure?

It's called family planning.

Lots of people I know have their last baby before they turn 40. They know for sure they don't want any more after.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 3:41 am
I called my youngest Binyamin and have had infertility since Crying

I hope it doesn't mean something.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 3:54 am
The last child got an extra middle name, because it was our last chance to name for people in the family who passed away.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 4:36 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
The last child got an extra middle name, because it was our last chance to name for people in the family who passed away.

Yes, he was my 4th and we wanted to name after my paternal grandfather who passed away 9 months before.

We changed our minds (realizing we had honored my mil/mom/ dad with a name from their prospective families) (and 4th and maybe final time ) we honored fil by choosing his side.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 4:47 am
Ill give it to you the other way. We have one child, a girl. Hashem saw to it that we not have more. I had a boys name that I had wanted to use so badly, so very badly, but never got a chance.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 6:27 am
amother Acacia wrote:
I called my youngest Binyamin and have had infertility since Crying

I hope it doesn't mean something.

So did I and I had a bunch of kids after. So no, it doesnt mean anything in my experience.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:52 am
I knew my last was my last because I had a lot of complications and the doctor said under no circumstances am I to get pregnant again. But no, we didn't do anything special. We had people to name after. It's actually my first that we were able to pick a name because we didn't have anyone who needed to be named after at that point. It was over time that people left us and we named after them.

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:59 am
With the first couple of kids, my parents were super makpid to name after relatives. They got less rigid about it the more kids they had and the last 2-3 were basically "I gave this name because I liked it" lol

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:17 am
My doctor made it clear it was last, plus I ended up with an emergency hysterectomy so I really knew it was my last. We gave one name for each of my grandfathers which combined was a name of a Tzaddik so it worked out well.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:16 pm
I started a thread about this a few months ago. We’ve always suffered from severe infertility, and I keep saying that if we have another child, which will almost certainly be our last, they will probably have about four names to fit in all of the people and concepts I want to name after.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names