Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If you know Boro Park traffic..
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:01 pm
If you live/drive in Boro Park, maybe you can help me plan my route. What is the quickest way to get from 16 and 63 to Ditmas and Coney area at around 3:30 pm? Waze and Google maps haven’t been accounting for all the school buses… Thank you!

amother
NeonYellow  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:02 pm
With an airplane 😜

amother
Begonia  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:04 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
With an airplane 😜

Or helicopter

amother
  Begonia

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:04 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
Or helicopter

Or even a bike would be faster

amother
  NeonYellow

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:05 pm
Honesty try staying off the residential blocks as best as you can and it’s a lot about the timing. You could be a minute off and have it clear or vice versa. I’d say you’ll learn from experience.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:14 pm
Honestly walking is faster.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you live/drive in Boro Park, maybe you can help me plan my route. What is the quickest way to get from 16 and 63 to Ditmas and Coney area at around 3:30 pm? Waze and Google maps haven’t been accounting for all the school buses… Thank you!

Can you go up 60th all the way until N and Ocean Parkway and then take Ocean Parkway to Ditmas and then head to Coney

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:22 pm
Try going down 47th street (I think it is) and it cuts into mcdonald. Then take ditmas ave up to coney

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:26 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
Try going down 47th street (I think it is) and it cuts into mcdonald. Then take ditmas ave up to coney

I would avoid the center of boro park.
Go to ocean pkwy and Ave N

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:37 pm
47th street goes from McDonald down to 19th.
Probably going 60th to Avenue N and from there to ocean pkwy to ditmas is a good choice although it’s always a gamble

Avoid the heart of BP 44-54th streets

The shortest route is driving down 16th Ave to Dahill and turn onto Ditmas towards Coney

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:51 pm
I live on 63rd…19th Avenue is by far the quickest way to get through BP. Only problem is you hit 50th street which takes you to Ave J which always has a ton of traffic. Maybe take 19 to 52nd and then go from there. But I’m not familiar with Flatbush traffic patterns.

mfb

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:02 pm
Maybe to bay parkway until ocean parkway?

amother
Sienna  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 9:35 pm
The flying options are probably your best bet
Second is to take bike or scooter
I don't think it make sense to go further out of the way to 19th or bay parkway.
I would take 18th ave straight to ocean parkway. 18th is wider than 16th or even 17th.so you can usually get around the double parked stopped vehicles. Do not get onto 47th st. It is a main thorough fare for buses and all emergency vehicles. Every school bus bring rhe street to a total stop.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 9:47 pm
amother Brown wrote:

Ave N can be a nightmare.
Brooklyn traffic is awful.
The only advice I have is leave yourself plenty of time.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:10 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
The flying options are probably your best bet
Second is to take bike or scooter
I don't think it make sense to go further out of the way to 19th or bay parkway.
I would take 18th ave straight to ocean parkway. 18th is wider than 16th or even 17th.so you can usually get around the double parked stopped vehicles. Do not get onto 47th st. It is a main thorough fare for buses and all emergency vehicles. Every school bus bring rhe street to a total stop.

I would absolutely not go down 18. It’s a total disaster at that hour!
Sorry op no ideas, driving through bp with buses around is a nightmare Can't Believe It

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:38 pm
amother Brown wrote:

Why would you go to Ave N when Ditmas turns into 18th Ave.
Take one of the main avenues, I would think 17th is best because least commercial traffic, and go straight down. You'll have to turn onto 18th Ave on or before Dahill and continue down 18th to Dimas.
Yes, you'll have traffic but you will anyway you go and that is a pretty direct route. No reason to go out of the way. Won't gain time just may have less traffic

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:43 pm
mfb wrote:
Maybe to bay parkway until ocean parkway?

This.
Used to drive a similar route many years ago for work and it was by far the quickest because it just goes allll the way around the crazy.

amother
  Sienna  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:55 pm
amother Gray wrote:
I would absolutely not go down 18. It’s a total disaster at that hour!
Sorry op no ideas, driving through bp with buses around is a nightmare Can't Believe It

Have you personally driven on avenues lower than 18th??? A lot lot worse.total stand still.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 8:41 am
amother Sienna wrote:
Have you personally driven on avenues lower than 18th??? A lot lot worse.total stand still.

Do you live near 18th ave?
On 18 from McDonald to ocean is usually a standstill during those hours. Traffic backed up…
I know ave j is also bad because it took my bus about 10 minutes at least to get from j east 3 to 18 and ocean. (I would hear on the bus gps)
Sounded like on ave j it would take a few lights to get to ocean pkwy.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 8:47 am
Basically there is traffic everywhere, and especially at that time you never know when you'll be behind buses that stop every other house. So I personally would just go down 16th all the way to 39th and dahill and be right by ditmas. and then go up to coney. Give yourself a lot of time. I do anything to avoid BP driving after 2:30.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries