Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Ikea High chair review wanted
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:22 am
Anyone has it? It's the only high chair I can afford but wondring if it's good since there is no foot rest for the baby's feet.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:24 am
There's a few companies I've seen who make footrests that fit this chair.

rgr

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:26 am
There are lots of aftermarket foot rests available

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K.....ss_tl

(Just a quick search, no experience with this particular one)

Some younger babies also sit better with a cushion or a rolled towel.

I like mine because it's so easy to hose down and clean

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:36 am
If you search this site you’ll see lots of ppl love it. I had it for my first three kids and hated it because the food ends up on the kids lap a lot, cuz they tray doesn’t move to be close to them.

But yes it’s a pleasure to clean and looks fairly pleasant.

But I moved to a different country and got rid of it and didn’t buy another one for my next kids (used a booster which I don’t love either, but I wasn’t ready to spend money at that point and I had one in the house)

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:50 am
Thank you for the compatible footrest idea and link! I didn't even think of searching for something like this. brilliant!

Genius

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 3:07 am
I’m happy with it as is. Many little ones’ legs dangle off the chair for a while from when they start sitting on a normal chair until their feet reach the ground.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 3:20 am
We used it, it's compact and easy to clean

amother
DarkPurple  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:03 am
Genius wrote:
I’m happy with it as is. Many little ones’ legs dangle off the chair for a while from when they start sitting on a normal chair until their feet reach the ground.

Its not really good for their development.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:43 am
I only have the child in it during mealtume, so not so long, so I haven’t been worried about the footrest. My baby likes sitting in it and isn’t uncomfortable. She enjoys swinging her feet and the ease of movement. If the baby were in there for longer periods, I would want a more supportive seat. I like the ease of cleaning, the fact that I can replace trays easily (only five dollars so Pesach, milchig, fleishig), and looks more streamlined.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 5:50 am
You can put an exercise resistance band on the legs as a footrest.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 5:57 am
We love it because of how easy it is to clean. All the fancy ones with the nicer fabrics are really annoying to clean. Babies get food everywhere.

The only teeny tiny thing with it, which is more something to be aware of than a real issue, is that the bottom of the legs stick out a bit more than the top. Just be aware when walking past so you don't trip over it.

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:07 am
I've never used it, but when I did my research it seemed like a good high chair for its price. You can just add an exercise band to it for the footrest. I think I remember seeing a recommendation for this high chair to not have a solid foot rest added due to safety reasons. Can't remember the details though.

Edit: some recommended not using a solid foot rest because the chair only has a three point harness. Makes it easier to climb out when using a solid foot rest.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:09 am
You can buy a footrest that works on Amazon. As far as the tray being far from the seat, I used the inflatable cushion they make when my baby was little, if I felt the gap was still too big I put a small folded towel behind the cushion. As funny as it sounds, my child has low tone and sitting wasn't easy but aat nicer in this than other highchairs

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:35 am
I bought a seat cushion (blow up one and you can get a cover) and foot rest. That being said I didn’t love the harness

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:39 am
If it’s just about the price, the high chairs that just sit on your kitchen chair tend to be cheap

Unique

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:41 am
I didn't love it because the tray is so far from the baby and food got all over. No way to adjust the tray.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:42 am
I use a booster highchair that goes on a chair and I'm very happy with it. It's small, easy to clean and when not in use it's small to store away

iluvy

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:23 am
I love it. It's so lightweight and easy to clean. I had a more expensive one at home and got this one for the bungalow, and I ended up bringing this one home from the bungalow because I liked it so much better. I bought silicon covers for milchig and fleishigs.

amother
  DarkPurple

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:25 am
Unique wrote:
I didn't love it because the tray is so far from the baby and food got all over. No way to adjust the tray.

Right. I have the chicco snack booster and the tray can adjust 5 different ways. Super easy to clean and folds up

cm123

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:42 am
I used it for one kid and really didn’t like it. I didn’t like that the chair was adjustable and the tray is very hard to clean as it doesn’t come on and off easily.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics