Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Leg covering

You don't always fully cover your legs (sock/knee hi meeting skirt or tights) in summer and you are
MO  
 32%  [ 16 ]
JPF  
 34%  [ 17 ]
MODERN YESHIVISH  
 10%  [ 5 ]
MODERN HEIMISH  
 0%  [ 0 ]
LITVISH  
 4%  [ 2 ]
HEIMISH  
 0%  [ 0 ]
YESHIVISH  
 6%  [ 3 ]
CHASSIDISH  
 12%  [ 6 ]
MODERN CHASSIDISH  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 50

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 7:18 am
LETS KEEP THIS LOVING

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 7:24 am
Can u explain what jfp stands for

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 7:26 am
I feel like modern yeshivish and JPF can be very similar. I chose JPF bec I never really hear the term modern yeshivish.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 7:30 am
I think this is one way RW MO can be distinguished from modern yeshivish in dress. I consider myself RW MO. I always fully cover my knees, elbows, collarbone, and hair, but I don't wear tights except in the winter. I wear pantyhose to shul or a simcha in the summer, but the rest of the time I am bare legged. It's very rare to see anyone covering their legs in my neck of the woods during the warm months.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 8:21 am
Can you please tell me who is chassidic and doesn't? Modern chassidic? Thanks so I can add

[poll options added. Love mod]

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 9:40 am
I have no idea what I am so I did modern yeshivish. I'm assuming the fact that I do this makes me not regular yeshivish?!

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:31 am
JPF with slight yeshivish leanings.

For many years I covered fully by either wearing pantihose or knee his. Lately, I find that I simply don't tolerate the heat the way I used to and if I am wearing a maxi skirt or dress with a closed shoe I don't cover my legs. I mean, technically my legs are covered by my skirt and shoes. Sometimes you just have to use your brain. I'm not sure what our Imahos wore in the hot middle eastern climate but it sure as heck wasn't nylon tights.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:39 am
Im MO/DL and only cover my legs when it stsrts getting cold and rainy here in Israel. As soon as the rain stips and uts nit cold, my sandals and ling leggings come off and I either wear 3/4 leggings or shorts under my dresses and only sadals.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:42 am
amother Lily wrote:
JPF with slight yeshivish leanings.

For many years I covered fully by either wearing pantihose or knee his. Lately, I find that I simply don't tolerate the heat the way I used to and if I am wearing a maxi skirt or dress with a closed shoe I don't cover my legs. I mean, technically my legs are covered by my skirt and shoes. Sometimes you just have to use your brain. I'm not sure what our Imahos wore in the hot middle eastern climate but it sure as heck wasn't nylon tights.

But some have a gap between knee high or sock and skirt. Hence the poll LOL

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:48 am
Im somewhat yeshivish. Hubby learned in kollel for 5 years, black hat, white shirt... but we're pretty chilled
We asked our yeshivish Rov what the halacha is and when he said that he holds the lower leg doesnt need to be covered I stopped wearing stockings unless to shul and nice events and have been soooo comfortable ever since
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics