Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travel insurance help - Allianz not covering Israel!

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:23 am
So it was silly of me to wait so late on this but we're traveling in a couple of weeks IY"H and need insurance. In the past I used Allianz and was very happy - the price was great and they were very smooth about reimbursing medical expenses when my kid needed a simple pediatrician visit and prescription that would have cost a lot out of pocket. B"H never needed to invoke the luggage or cancellation coverage but this time I'm traveling with more people, more stuff, and more volatile events in the world (which is obviously why they don't want to cover it...) So I went on their website, entered my travel info, and got "no products available" with a memo across the top saying they haven't covered Israel since Oct 7 Sad

Help!!! Now what? I can't take a whole family of accident-prone and allergy-prone kids to Israel for 2 weeks with no insurance! I also can't change the trip at this point.

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:47 am
AIG TravelGuard
Or Harel (Israeli travel insurance that works directly with the doctors so you don’t need to lay out money.)

Or you can try this travel insurance agent who helped us: myra@travelprotectors.com

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:05 pm
What airline are you on?

A lot of airlines are cancelling flights. So far Delta, United and BA. Others, aside from Elal, likely will follow.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:08 pm
Airline is LOT. I think if they cancel they transfer you to Elal, no? Anyway we have a little over 2 weeks left, no telling what will happen between now and then. And travel insurance, if you book it early enough, helps with cancellation related expenses and I should have bought it before things got iffier.

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:11 pm
I have aig travel guard

GetReal

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:13 pm
Try Mr Heiman
tovtravelnh@gmail.com

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:16 pm
Thank you all for the leads!