Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Nicest hotel In yerushalyim
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 4:51 am
We are bH getting the chance to go away for the night together and have someone watch our kids. This is very rare opportunity for us as we'd love to splurge and go to a really nice hotel... any Recommendations ? We are looking at the orient , the citadel and the Waldorf ? Comfy bed is very important to us as well as Physically clean and up to date style space .... would love to hear if Angie has experience and can help us choose a place . Thanks so much

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 5:24 am
Is kashrus a concern?

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 5:35 am
amother Violet wrote:
Is kashrus a concern?

Thanks it doesn't really matter bc we are planning to go out to eat

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 5:54 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks it doesn't really matter bc we are planning to go out to eat

Even breakfast?
If I had a chance to stay in a hotel, Israeli hotel breakfast is ine of the big attractions. You don't need lunch afterwards.

essie14  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 5:58 am
Orient

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 6:05 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
Even breakfast?
If I had a chance to stay in a hotel, Israeli hotel breakfast is ine of the big attractions. You don't need lunch afterwards.

This.

Plus, it's usually included in the price.

Personally, I'd be thrilled to stay in any of those properties.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 6:17 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
Even breakfast?
really? I don't like a lot of what is served at typical Israeli breakfast and definitely get lunch? Even if my family who likes the breakfast definitely gets lunch

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 6:36 am
I was at the Inbal with my husband for Shabbat last winter. It was divine!
food was good service was amazing and room was really nice with a gorgeous balcony.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 6:38 am
Seconding Orient

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 6:41 am
Yirmiyahu 33 is supposed to be gorgeous and it's the only one I know of that is Badatz Eidah Chareidis.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 6:43 am
Thanks so much everyone . For those recommending the orient have you personally been there ? Do you know if the beds are comfortable ? It's the cheapest of all the options and I'm trying to figure out why ...
In terms of breakfast while obviously it would be a benefit we care a lot more about the room and are happy to go out to eat if the breakfast isn't a good hechsher

essie14

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 6:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much everyone . For those recommending the orient have you personally been there ? Do you know if the beds are comfortable ? It's the cheapest of all the options and I'm trying to figure out why ...
In terms of breakfast while obviously it would be a benefit we care a lot more about the room and are happy to go out to eat if the breakfast isn't a good hechsher

We've been there twice. Beds super comfortable. Beautiful pool (indoor and outdoor)
Amazing breakfast.

The renovated rooms at the Inbal also look AMAZING and their breakfast is incredible as well.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 7:11 am
Highly recommend either the King David or Waldorf. I've been to both several times. The Waldorf is a more modern interpretation of an historic hotel, although it recreated a hotel from the 20s and was was rebuilt by a Turkish architect. The King David retains a lot of its original historic character. The service at the King David is better, but the rooms are a bit smaller and some of the bathrooms are slightly dated. I think the 6th floor has better pricing, but the 8th floor is more modern. If you really want to splurge, get a rear facing room with views of the Old City walls and a terrace. It's an amazing view. The gardens and terraces at the King David are extraordinary and you could have coffee or a drink while enjoying the atmosphere. The lobby at the Waldorf is beautiful but cavernous (unless you sit in the right side lounge, which is cozier.) As you aren't planning to eat at the hotel, I won't spend much time describing the food, but breakfast has its plusses and minuses. King David used to be an incredible blowout. It's smaller now, but still really good. In both places, I'd recommend getting the freshly made pancakes or eggs to supplement the buffet. The hashgacha at the Waldorf is generally considered acceptable for yeshivish population. King David tends to be more MO. Both places are probably hurting for guests and possibly staffing at the moment, so I can't speak to level of upkeep and cleanliness. They were always great in the past. Enjoy your time together. In general wishing you peace and safety.

yolo81  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 8:11 am
waldorf has gone down hill
I would not recommend

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 9:47 am
yolo81 wrote:
waldorf has gone down hill
I would not recommend

Why?
Was just there last month and really enjoyed it.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 9:53 am
David citadel. By far. We have stayed the Manila and the Waldorf as well but they were not as nice as the Citadel. I have never stayed at the King David though

yolo81

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 11:22 am
service was horrible. rooms aren’t cleaned right they really let the place go

heidi

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 11:31 am
amother Hunter wrote:
Highly recommend either the King David or Waldorf. I've been to both several times. The Waldorf is a more modern interpretation of an historic hotel, although it recreated a hotel from the 20s and was was rebuilt by a Turkish architect. The King David retains a lot of its original historic character. The service at the King David is better, but the rooms are a bit smaller and some of the bathrooms are slightly dated. I think the 6th floor has better pricing, but the 8th floor is more modern. If you really want to splurge, get a rear facing room with views of the Old City walls and a terrace. It's an amazing view. The gardens and terraces at the King David are extraordinary and you could have coffee or a drink while enjoying the atmosphere. The lobby at the Waldorf is beautiful but cavernous (unless you sit in the right side lounge, which is cozier.) As you aren't planning to eat at the hotel, I won't spend much time describing the food, but breakfast has its plusses and minuses. King David used to be an incredible blowout. It's smaller now, but still really good. In both places, I'd recommend getting the freshly made pancakes or eggs to supplement the buffet. The hashgacha at the Waldorf is generally considered acceptable for yeshivish population. King David tends to be more MO. Both places are probably hurting for guests and possibly staffing at the moment, so I can't speak to level of upkeep and cleanliness. They were always great in the past. Enjoy your time together. In general wishing you peace and safety.

Just stayed at the king david Huge disappointment.
Room smelled moldy- we had to switch twice. I've been to brissim with better breakfast buffets.
Orient is beautiful, comfy and delicious

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 11:48 am
love the citadel plus it is in a great location

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 12:52 pm
The king David hotel is by far the most luxurious I have been to. In my opinion better than Waldorf. Feels more old style charming and historic. Breakfast is unbelievable
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions