Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
I broke my fast and feel sooooo guilty!!!

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 3:51 pm
Early pregnant, doc says to keep hydrated and doesn’t like the fast. Dayen said to fast and soon as I feel sick I should break it and I feel sooo guilty!!!!

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 3:53 pm
Please dont feel guilty, you are doing what you need to do to protect your baby. You had a psak from your dayan you followed this is what Hashem wants from you

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 3:57 pm
Same situation OP. I feel so bad but the Rav said I had to eat.

amother
Honeydew  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:03 pm
The guilt is your Yetzer Hara

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:20 pm
Please don't feel guilty. My rav holds that pregnant women should not fast at all...even in early stages of pregnancy!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:43 pm
Once you were given a psak to eat it's a mitzvah to do so.
I was told not to fast, last night and this morning it was the strangest feeling to be sitting on a low chair eating but that was my Mitzva this year, fasting would have been an aveira.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:47 pm
I needed to hear these comments as well! I’m 5 days overdue and I just broke my fast as per my rav. But I was feeling so guilty!

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:50 pm
Thanks guys! I feel better!!

But every time I drink I’m like…. Ya know Cool

But how do I eat? I woke up and drank. Ate a bit later cereal cause started getting nauseas and needed carbs. Then now I ate a small plz of bread. Can I eat more? I’m hungry but don’t wanna eat allot don’t know feel weird

cbtr

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks guys! I feel better!!

But every time I drink I’m like…. Ya know Cool

But how do I eat? I woke up and drank. Ate a bit later cereal cause started getting nauseas and needed carbs. Then now I ate a small plz of bread. Can I eat more? I’m hungry but don’t wanna eat allot don’t know feel weird

If you were given a psak to eat, then you are supposed to eat normally. Not minimal eating and still hungry. So please eat. It is YOUR mitzvah of the day, same as my mitzvah is to keep fasting. Daas Torah giving you a peak to eat should alleviate any guilt.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 5:09 pm
Im also v early pregnancy
I did only liquid and supplements today with big breaks in between and got through bh (in Israel so fast is over now)
Everyone is different if your rov says don’t fast - don’t

amother
  Honeydew  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 5:25 pm
cbtr wrote:
If you were given a psak to eat, then you are supposed to eat normally. Not minimal eating and still hungry. So please eat. It is YOUR mitzvah of the day, same as my mitzvah is to keep fasting. Daas Torah giving you a peak to eat should alleviate any guilt.

That's not necessarily true. It depends on what you were told. I personally was told to drink a lot and eat minimally. So that's what I need to do.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 5:26 pm
Dayen didn’t tell me to eat a certain amount he told me to break it so I’m confused!

amother
  Honeydew

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 5:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Dayen didn’t tell me to eat a certain amount he told me to break it so I’m confused!

Then presumably you can eat it as much as you need.

Even my Rav who told me to eat minimally told me I could eat more than you're eating. Just you know enough as much as you need. (Some of us tend to overeat the rest of the year LOL.)

And staying hydrated means drinking a lot. Especially if you're active or outside.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note