Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Child with intrusive thoughts

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 9:21 pm
Ds 13 was exposed to watching p@rn. It's been a few weeks and he can't stop thinking about it all the time and is asking for help. He does have some ocd tendancies. Who do I turn to. Chemed and lcsc have a month wait list. I also believe he needs 2/3 sessions only. Any recommendations

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 9:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ds 13 was exposed to watching p@rn. It's been a few weeks and he can't stop thinking about it all the time and is asking for help. He does have some ocd tendancies. Who do I turn to. Chemed and lcsc have a month wait list. I also believe he needs 2/3 sessions only. Any recommendations

Oy he’s rehashing it over and over.

I’m not a professional, but I think they’ll work on working with the thought when it comes up don’t avoid it - try saying this isn’t what I want to think about right now, there are ocd books for parents/kids and a great workbook.

I’d speak with a psychologist for recommendations before getting a book off Amazon

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 11:28 am
I think you need to call relief and find a out-of-pocket therapist who can see you immediately.

If you deal with this immediately, you have a lot better chance of avoiding major issues down the road. I'm not a big proponent of out-of-pocket or top therapists, but this is a situation that calls for it. Even if you need to take Tzedaka.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries