Did you say Winter??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:41 pm
Stores got in winter clothing... rrrrrrrrrrrr

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:01 pm
Doesn’t mean you have to shop! I’ll have fun looking at the cozy styles.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:02 pm
Which stores in the Lakewood area? I've never done this before but I'd like to try to shop early this year.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:03 pm
Juvenile planet already began selling out

amother
Mulberry  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:04 pm
So what are they showing this season?

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:16 pm
I'll shop black Friday and get all the goods on sale LOL

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:16 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
Which stores in the Lakewood area? I've never done this before but I'd like to try to shop early this year.

Tottini

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:34 pm
I just started shopping for yom tov clothing for my two little girls.
My older DD is in NY for a few weeks and I told her to buy 2 or 3 things for the fall.
We live OOT and I find if I wait closer it always ends up being too late. With the shipping back and forth and soon I'll be busy with back to school season, yom tov will be upon us quicker than we think. And this year when Tishrei is so late, I really think they'll need some warmer clothes - maybe not real winter yet, but definitely warmer

amother
  Mulberry

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:42 pm
Where is she shopping in NY?

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:43 pm
Every year everyone acts so surprised lol. But totally cool when summer stuff comes out in early January.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 11:14 pm
yeah its crazy cuz we are in middle of summer. we don't need winter stuff till at least October but I don't get what the big deal is.
I shop for winter now, when it comes into stores. (I have lots of girls with different figures and need tznius, normal fitting clothes so I need a large selection)
then by the time its mid August I am DONE shopping for the winter. And that's it.
so instead you can chose to wait and shop in Sept for a month along with the hecticness of back to school and YT season. I just do it in advance. its not like I'm going to be shopping from July until October.

I honestly don't get why it matters when you shop unless by starting to shop early you are just going to shop non-stop for months on end until the actual season you are shopping for comes around.

seeker  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 2:28 am
Here's my problem...

DD going through a phase of life outgrew her clothes from Pesach time shopping. Has literally nothing to wear right now and two simchas coming up.

All the frum stores' policy is zero returns on sale items.

All the non sale items are winter!

I can't outfit a teenager sight unseen with no returns, and I can't send her to an August simcha in winter clothes.

I spent one Sunday shopping in stores and didn't find anything (lo, the last season's leftovers don't come in many sizes per location). I don't have any days left to take off work. And I really don't see how I can spare another Sunday for the same in store frustration.

I'd actually be totally willing to pay full price to spare myself another destroyed Sunday and get the job done, but all of summer is on clearance.

Maybe I should start a spinoff. I need help badly.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 3:20 am
seeker wrote:
Here's my problem...

DD going through a phase of life outgrew her clothes from Pesach time shopping. Has literally nothing to wear right now and two simchas coming up.

I can't outfit a teenager sight unseen with no returns, and I can't send her to an August simcha in winter clothes.

I spent one Sunday shopping in stores and didn't find anything (lo, the last season's leftovers don't come in many sizes per location). I don't have any days left to take off work. And I really don't see how I can spare another Sunday for the same in store frustration.

I'd actually be totally willing to pay full price to spare myself another destroyed Sunday and get the job done, but all of summer is on clearance.

Can you get something from a gmach or rental for the simcha?

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 3:53 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Can you get something from a gmach or rental for the simcha?
it's not that fancy and we still have a problem with shabbos.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 4:06 am
seeker wrote:
it's not that fancy and we still have a problem with shabbos.

I still suggest you try to find something gmach. They might have something less fancy.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 6:11 am
Ali specials don't have any winter out, I just checked. The stores bring out winter clothes really early but there's really no rush.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 7:16 am
I once asked a store if they could let me purchase at full price with the option to return and they let. It was worth it to me to pay more for that option. But this wasn't NY...

I am not buying winter clothing now. We will definitely be fine and we'll definitely have what to wear when winter comes, no matter how picked over the stock is. And I live OOT!

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 7:21 am
seeker wrote:
Here's my problem...

What size is she?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 7:31 am
It’s starting to come now but really no rush. There’s not much out yet. It will be coming over the next 1.5-2 months I believe.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 7:40 am
amother Bronze wrote:

Brooklyn southwest started putting out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics