Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Need sides and mains with dietary restrictions

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:59 pm
I’ve been cooking meals for an elderly couple. The wife has dietary restrictions:
No seed oils
No sugar
No dairy
No gluten

I’ve been using Rorie’s cookbook to make them meals. The meals have been getting a bit repetitive and I’d like to switch things up.

I usually make a main dish, a carb side dish, and a vegetable side dish.

It needs to be freezer friendly because I cook for a months worth of meals at a shot.

Please send any main dish and side dish recipes that meets the criteria.

Thank you in advance

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 7:12 pm
Chinese rice and chicken stir fry (use liquid aminos instead of soy)
Chunky chicken vegetable soup
Yemenite soup with potatoes and chicken
Yellow split pea and flanken soup (short grain brown rice or short grain white (sushi) rice instead of barley)
Garlic herb baby chicken, short grain brown rice, frozen cauliflower
Meatballs over white rice with mushrooms
Meat stuffed corn tacos
Pepper steak and mashed potatoes
Meatloaf with sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts
Turbot, baby potatoes, broccoli
London broil riced cauliflower with corn on the cob
Salmon over quinoa and roasted veggies
Chicken breast over beets and sweet potatoes
Moussaka eggplant meat boats
Stuffed zucchini or stuffed peppers (meat and rice)

sara1232

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 7:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’ve been cooking meals for an elderly couple. The wife has dietary restrictions:
No seed oils
No sugar
No dairy
No gluten

I’ve been using Rorie’s cookbook to make them meals. The meals have been getting a bit repetitive and I’d like to switch things up.

I usually make a main dish, a carb side dish, and a vegetable side dish.

It needs to be freezer friendly because I cook for a months worth of meals at a shot.

Please send any main dish and side dish recipes that meets the criteria.

Thank you in advance

Check out Olivia Adriance on Instagram. Not Jewish but most of her recipes are kosher, and I believe she follows all these restrictions.

naomi2

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 9:11 pm
This is how I cook for an elderly couple as well. The are ok with sugar but I would be fine not using it anyway. I pack each meal (protein, carb, veg.) in plastic rectangular takeout containers and I label and freeze them.
I cook only with extra light olive oil or avocado oil spray (not sure if that's seed oil)
Anytime, I need breadcrumbs or pasta or flour, I use a gf substitute from the store. There are plenty available. I find the tinkyada brown rice pasta the best, I undercook it a little so it's just right when reheated. In general foods with sauces reheat better from frozen. I never use potato unless it's mashed because otherwise the texture is off. Also, chicken breast probably gets dry so I usually dont use. Heres some ideas I have used
If you want more you can pm me

15 meals (5x3)

Menu:
Paprika baby chicken
Yellow rice
Cauliflower

Meatballs
Gf spaghetti
Zucchini/onion/corn saute

Meatloaf
Mashed potatoes
Asian string beans

Meat and bean chili
Quinoa
Roasted butternut squash

Schwarma baby chicken
Rice
Spinach kugel

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 9:18 pm
Wow! This is all so incredibly helpful! I’ll go over these tonight and do some menu planning and possibly come back to ask for recipes if I can’t figure it out myself

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 9:19 pm
sara1232 wrote:
Check out Olivia Adriance on Instagram. Not Jewish but most of her recipes are kosher, and I believe she follows all these restrictions.

I never heard of her before but I totally fell down the rabbit hole of her account. It’s really great! I kust wish she had more side dishes

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 9:20 pm
naomi2 wrote:
This is how I cook for an elderly couple as well. The are ok with sugar but I would be fine not using it anyway. I pack each meal (protein, carb, veg.) in plastic rectangular takeout containers and I label and freeze them.
I cook only with extra light olive oil or avocado oil spray (not sure if that's seed oil)
Anytime, I need breadcrumbs or pasta or flour, I use a gf substitute from the store. There are plenty available. I find the tinkyada brown rice pasta the best, I undercook it a little so it's just right when reheated. In general foods with sauces reheat better from frozen. I never use potato unless it's mashed because otherwise the texture is off. Also, chicken breast probably gets dry so I usually dont use. Heres some ideas I have used
If you want more you can pm me

15 meals (5x3)

Menu:
Paprika baby chicken
Yellow rice
Cauliflower

Meatballs
Gf spaghetti
Zucchini/onion/corn saute

Meatloaf
Mashed potatoes
Asian string beans

Meat and bean chili
Quinoa
Roasted butternut squash

Schwarma baby chicken
Rice
Spinach kugel

This is amazing! I really appreciate the breakdown of the menu as it will make menu planning a lot easier. This has been so helpful! Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics