Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
My daughter's clothes

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:29 pm
My daughter has severe ADHD, even with medication she struggles with executive function in everything. Her room is always a mess and she is always dumping all her clothes everywhere.
I don't have time to clean it up with her every day and by day 3, there's a carpet of clothes.
How can I store her clothes that she is less likely to dump everything out and if she does dump things out it's easy to put back.
She told me she likes the clothes on the floor because it's easier to see it all.
Help!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:35 pm
Can you put six hooks onto the wall and she can hang her outfits for the week on them?

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:37 pm
1. Less clothing. 4 shirts, 4 shirts, done. Bonus if you can replace with 4 dresses. Everything else out of reach.
2. Make it visible. Clear drawers. Hanging coat rack in the middle of her room, even if it's not neat. Replace her closet doors with clear ones.
3. You can try printing a physical menu of her wardrobe options. Take pics of her outfits, print on a paper and tape to her closet door.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:01 pm
Baskets. Laundry baskets are great. She can dump things in those, but they’re contained and can be moved for cleaning the floor underneath. You can try clear sterilite drawers instead of a dresser, but she may prefer a birds eye view.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics