Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
War with yemen?

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:52 am
if Israel and yemen or hezbollah are in a war will sem open

shabbatiscoming  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:59 am
How can anoyone answer that question? I think you have to contact the sem itself and find out what THIER specific answer is.

Elfrida  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:59 am
Who knows? The seminaries are probably hoping not to have to answer that question.

Right now its an ongoing, low level war. No one can say what might happen if or when it escalates. At the worst, the seminaries will open on zoom and hope to pick up later in the year.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 11:22 am
I would imagine so.
I’ve had DD in sem in 2020 and this past year.
People in Israel live and B”H my DDs have had the opportunity to live and learn in Israel. What a bracha!!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 11:26 am
*nobody knows*

There have been sems going on through wars and intifadas before. More often it's parents who make individual decisions to send or not send.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 11:27 am
What war with Yemen? We struck them, great. If they try to escalate things, we'll deal with that when it happens.
Either way, it will probably all be just fine.
Hezbollah is more worrisome, by a lot.
But sem will likely open anyways. And your DD will get to learn what trusting in Hashem looks like, on a daily basis, on the ground.

amother
  OP

Post Sat, Aug 03 2024, 11:26 pm
I just heard rumors of seminaries starting late. did anyone else hear that? Is there any truth to this?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Aug 03 2024, 11:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just heard rumors of seminaries starting late. did anyone else hear that? Is there any truth to this?

Why dont you ask your child's sem? Thats the only way you will get the correct answer for her sem.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 12:25 am
Seminary doesn’t start for another five weeks, I highly doubt they already made the decision to start late.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 12:49 am
Facts on the ground can change so quickly. If they do delay, they'll probably decide a couple of weeks before that start date, not now.

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 1:01 am
amother OP wrote:

They are starting late bec Rosh hashana is extremely late this year. Don’t think it has anything to do with current events

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 2:18 am
amother OP wrote:

I highly doubt they know already, so if course no one here would know
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info