Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Where to start? I’m losing it :( Need help with dc 12

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:04 am
I think it’s an executive dysfunction… maybe a touch of add or asd. No koach now to list all the “symptoms”…
I don’t know where to start for help. I don’t know if need a diagnosis necessarily, but we probably do need one to get correct help.
Waiting for months for a callback from behavior health clinic in my area, but looks like their waiting list is too long. And besides, I don’t even know if they’ll actually help…

So where to start? What kind of doctor or therapist? And if you have specific recommendations in NYC/Monsey/Monroe area, would greatly appreciate!

Tia!

thegiver

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 3:41 am
Do you want to give a pic what you’re going through?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 7:21 am
I would recommend starting with a full neuro psych evaluation. This would be able to outline exactly what’s going on with him and where the breakdown is. Also it would give you a diagnosis if there is any, and you can plan from there how you would want to address it.
With my dd, it was obvious she had ADHD, but a full eval showed she had anxiety as well. We just assumed she was dramatic, not actually suffering because she has such a happy go lucky side to her personality. With that info we were able to tackle her struggles from two different ends.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics