Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp maayan vs Sternberg

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:42 pm
I've searched through the forums to find out about both camps. Still not clear on really what each camp is about.
Tell me if I got this correct:

Sternberg-more outdoorsy, mix of ny and oot bais yaakov lite girls with some modern thrown in? Some sketchy stories so make sure your kid is in a more frum bunk?

Maayan-mix of oot bais yaakov and a drop to the left of bais yaakov but not modern? staff is yeshivish?

For an OOT girl who wears short socks or no socks but no phone, covers knees/elbows, neck and does read library books and watches secular movies occasionally, where would I send? I call that bais yaakov lite..also no concept of brand names or in style clothing...
Which half is more appropriate for her? Is there another camp that would work?
Which camp is more into sports?

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:58 pm
My daughter is that type and went to Maayan. I was very happy that the staff was all solidly to the right. It felt like a good balance. It is probably run more to the right compared to Sternberg, and while a lot of girls overlap, you have some OOT BY whereas sternberg not so much.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:58 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
My daughter is that type and went to Maayan. I was very happy that the staff was all solidly to the right. It felt like a good balance. It is probably run more to the right compared to Sternberg, and while a lot of girls overlap, you have some OOT BY whereas sternberg not so much.

When did you daughter go?

sruth1

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:41 am
My daughter is in her 3rd year at camp Maayan. She absolutely loves it. We are an out of town family, my husband is a rebbe in the day school. We don’t have a TV but allow our daughter to watch pre approved shows, and ready secular books. I would say she is out of town bais yaakov hashkafah.
In regard to activities they have a wide veriaty, they have things for girls into sport and things for girls into drama or art etc… for a certain amount of the day girls get to pick what club/activity they want to do and then they also have the activities they do with their whole bunk.
It is a great camp!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps