Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Road trip, from scranton to Baltimore
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:09 am
Hi all
So last minute but we decided to take a road trip from camp area, after visiting day to Baltimore and sleeping over the first night, sunday night in scranton iyh.

We're going with young kids under 11 yrs old, rest are in camp so would like to do activities, attractions geared for younger kids like childrens museum..

Now I need to find attraction in scranton for Monday and best child friendly restaurants in Baltimore, fleishigs preferred for suppers mon, tues and wed night and best attractions in baltimore for tues, wed, and thurs,

Is the aquarium so amazing, I do see its pricey, what about the childrens museum?

Thanks in advance!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:13 am
I am considering doing something thursday not in Baltimore, maybe stopping halfway to lakewood and doing an activity there.
So we can divide the 3 hour drive home.
Any ideas?

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 1:47 am
Lakewood is not anywhere near the drive from Scranton to Baltimore. You will literally double the driving time.
Harrisburg is halfway.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:08 am
amother Sapphire wrote:
Lakewood is not anywhere near the drive from Scranton to Baltimore. You will literally double the driving time.
Harrisburg is halfway.

Lol
Did I post so unclearly?

Well, I live in Lakewood, so going home Thursday from Baltimore to Lakewood, my house, I would stop in the middle, halfway and do an outing there.

I will be coming from scranton to Baltimore and may stop halfway coming.

Anyone else want to help?

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:15 am
Childrens museum in delaware is about halfway between baltimore and lakewood.

Delaware Children's Museum
(302) 654-2340

https://g.co/kgs/2XUESpS

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:16 am
Most popular places are pricey in Baltimore. If you have wic the admission prices are much cheaper. Not sure how it works with out of state wic. We have some fleishig restaurants, prices range from reasonable to expensive. Where are you staying?

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:17 am
City island in Harrisburg has kid friendly activities and pride of the susquehanna boat ride.
You could also do chocolate world or hershey park.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:38 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
Childrens museum in delaware is about halfway between baltimore and lakewood.

Delaware Children's Museum
(302) 654-2340

https://g.co/kgs/2XUESpS

Yes.we were there.
It is a great museum, but if Im taking the kids to Baltimore children museum, then I would look for something different.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:40 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
City island in Harrisburg has kid friendly activities and pride of the susquehanna boat ride.
You could also do chocolate world or hershey park.

Thanks.
I did not see this.

I saw the civil war museum, which my husband would like but my kids will find boring, so will check out what you suggested.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:42 am
amother Pewter wrote:
Most popular places are pricey in Baltimore. If you have wic the admission prices are much cheaper. Not sure how it works with out of state wic. We have some fleishig restaurants, prices range from reasonable to expensive. Where are you staying?

Were staying in hotel in Pikesville, close to shuls and food.
What other attractions are popular?

shanie5

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 4:22 pm
In scranton:
Coal mine tour (can get very dark, but not scary)
Houdini museum
Steamtown national historic site-steam museum-great for all ages
Trolley museum
Aquarium-nothing like the Baltimore one. Much smaller. Figure about an hour or so to see it all.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 10:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi all
So last minute but we decided to take a road trip from camp area, after visiting day to Baltimore and sleeping over the first night, sunday night in scranton iyh.

We're going with young kids under 11 yrs old, rest are in camp so would like to do activities, attractions geared for younger kids like childrens museum..

Now I need to find attraction in scranton for Monday and best child friendly restaurants in Baltimore, fleishigs preferred for suppers mon, tues and wed night and best attractions in baltimore for tues, wed, and thurs,

Is the aquarium so amazing, I do see its pricey, what about the childrens museum?

Thanks in advance!

Fleishigs will of course be pricy, but there's David Chu's for Chinese (order a few different items and share - generally works for a "crowd") (Taam Thai is another option); Accents (American and other cuisine) isn't very formal as you dine in a "hallway" - has its pros and cons in that regard; Yesh has a pretty limited menu, but I find it to be fresh and not outlandishly priced. Kosher Bite is more of a fast-food option.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi all

Thanks in advance!

Re: attractions, they will also be expensive (particularly indoor ones). Do you have any museum memberships that might have reciprocity?

Aquarium is very nice, and you can definitely spend a nice amount of time there, though you technically have to reserve a slot beforehand. You can get validated parking for $15 I believe. No strollers permitted.

Maryland Science Center is also at the Harbor. That can be fun for kids.

Port Discovery is also great for kids, but 11 might be too old What

There's always bowling and other similar indoor activities.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:10 pm
Thanks for your help.

Any feedback on serengeti steakhouse?
Good food?
Child appropriate?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:44 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for your help.

Any feedback on serengeti steakhouse?
Good food?
Child appropriate?

TBH, never been. It's in the same location as Accents (same owner), but intended to be more upscale (read $$$$), so I'm also not sure about kids there.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 11:21 am
Serengeti is very expensive and not for kids.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 11:32 am
Aha
Ok.
My husband saw this and wants to go there..
I will check the menu if they have kid friendly food. We like good food. Lol

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 11:45 am
amother OP wrote:
Aha
Ok.
My husband saw this and wants to go there..
I will check the menu if they have kid friendly food. We like good food. Lol

There's also "The Club" which might be a bit more kid friendly...?

sweet

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 9:45 pm
Hi. Op here.
Thanks for the help. We're back home bh.
We had a great getaway!

We ended up eating first night at yesh, the pita, and schwarma were really fresh. 2nd night we ate at accents, interesting that they have the tables in the hallway and 3rd night at taam thai, was also really good and today lunch at mochachino, also was good.

I was so impressed with your grocery, 7 mile, it puts gourment glatt and evergreen to shame, the grocery there has more of a selection then my local lakewood stores!

GettingThere

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 10:09 pm
What attractions did you find?
U are so right about 7 mile market it’s the best!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics