Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Make summer memorable

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:01 am
I want to make my summer memorable!
I have now about 5 weeks vacation and I want it to be a great 5 weeks!
Any ideas of non-expensive little things to do?
Besides parks, hikes/ bikes swimming and vacation, things to do at home on my own till my husband gets home from work
Thanks!

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:07 pm
Agreed! I’m home with a 4 month old and also want to find ways to enjoy my summer aside from shopping lol

Brit in Israel

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:49 pm
Can you take on a project?
If I would have this time, something I would love to do is a furniture flip, take an outdated piece either what you have or buy in a goodwill and sand, paint, varnishand redesign it (many examples online) you can then sell it or keep it.
Or take on a different hobby.

Slightly harder if you have a children/baby

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 2:28 pm
Brit in Israel wrote:
Can you take on a project?
If I would have this time, something I would love to do is a furniture flip, take an outdated piece either what you have or buy in a goodwill and sand, paint, varnishand redesign it (many examples online) you can then sell it or keep it.
Or take on a different hobby.

Slightly harder if you have a children/baby

That’s such a cool idea!
Do people actually buy it?

Brit in Israel

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 3:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s such a cool idea!
Do people actually buy it?

Probably depends on what you do and which area you are in.
I have watched a few YouTube shorts on it and they all seem to sell it for a huge profit on Facebook marketplace. But I'm sure if you make a fashionable baby dresser, bedside table or something else you can advertise it in your local selling group.

I personally want to do it for a really old fashioned seforim shelf my Fil got for us when we got married, I hate it but don't want to spend money on a nice piece whilst we are renting and moving around for another couple of years.

If it's your style you probably shouldn't go into it looking at the end money but rather as an activity for the summer and then see how it ends up if it's something you can sell or donate
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps