Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Are Crocs coming back in style in the frum community?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:45 pm
Crocs are SO comfy, but granted they are a very distinct look and personally I do not like to stand out.
My secular coworker just recently mentioned that they are having a comeback! Does anyone see that happening in their frum communities ?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:53 pm
In my lovely bubble that is Hendon in London people wear them all the time. I also remember last summer every non Jew in the park was wearing them and their kids too!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:55 pm
I don't thinks crocs are ever actually in style. It's just that many favor comfort over style and they certainly blend in within more casual settings.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:58 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I don't thinks crocs are ever actually in style. It's just that many favor comfort over style and they certainly blend in within more casual settings.

They were !! When I was a kid in camp years back they were new and cutting edge ! First year only the really cool in the know people had them and the next year was a fad, everyoneeee had. Then it slowly became less of a thing until I stopped seeing them around .

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:58 pm
It’s never in style. The same way people can walk around in flip flops or any slipper or skimpy shoe you can walk around in crocs. Why does it need to be in style for you to wear it?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
They were !! When I was a kid in camp years back they were new and cutting edge ! First year only the really cool in the know people had them and the next year was a fad, everyoneeee had. Then it slowly became less of a thing until I stopped seeing them around .

They became so popular because they were comfortable....but they were always pretty ugly.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:07 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
They became so popular because they were comfortable....but they were always pretty ugly.

Of course. That’s why I wouldn’t wear them unless it was widely accepted to.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Of course. That’s why I wouldn’t wear them unless it was widely accepted to.

I'm in Israel and don't see them around much. That being said, if I owned a pair I wouldn't have a problem going to the park or making a quick dash to the store in them.

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:15 pm
crocs has a line of flats that are super comfy and I wear to work every single day .

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:17 pm
I’m seeing more Floafers these days. Not sure crocs will make a big comeback. People definitely still wear them

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:18 pm
Check out these balenciaga crocs on heels 😏

https://www.farfetch.com/shopp.....D_BwE

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 4:22 pm
I don't know in the Jewish world ( I've always worn them in my home) but most definitely in the non Jewish world they have become one of the most trending footwear in the last year mainly the original style.

Many influencers who a few years ago were saying they are ugly are all wearing them and so is everyone else.
I bought a pair I think 2 years ago, needed a new pair now and they have almost doubled in price, I got them on sale then so if I buy now it's triple the price I paid.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 4:23 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I don't know in the Jewish world ( I've always worn them in my home) but most definitely in the non Jewish world they have become one of the most trending footwear in the last year mainly the original style.

Many influencers who a few years ago were saying they are ugly are all wearing them and so is everyone else.
I bought a pair I think 2 years ago, needed a new pair now and they have almost doubled in price, I got them on sale then so if I buy now it's triple the price I paid.

Thanks ! So my post wasn’t left field Smile
I hope this trend trickles in to from world. Maybe I’ll just get anyhow Smile

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 4:26 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I’m seeing more Floafers these days. Not sure crocs will make a big comeback. People definitely still wear them

They're absolutely in style in the non Jewish world so just give it a year or 2 and frum communities will have them too Wink

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 4:27 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:

Yeah this. I got a new pair also since my 12 year old pair finally broke. I also got them on sale. Full price is insane.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 4:49 pm
I thought clogs were in and not crocs? I can’t keep up

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 5:30 pm
I'm frum and wear crocs so... I guess they are in style LOL

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 6:06 pm
Yes!!

On Love Island theyr all wearing them.

They also make a new platform type ones, stomp and crush which look really cpmfy.

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 6:14 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I'm frum and wear cross so... I guess they are in style LOL

I sure hope not! LOL

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 6:20 pm
My son just bought (in my opinion) the ugliest Cinnamon Toast Crunch crocs and told me it’s a look. So yea I guess in some circles!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics