Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
S/o things I learned in frum magazines
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

GettingThere

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 1:08 pm
Words I have never heard of describing...a new line of childrens clothing
(whispy wafts of blissful...accentuated and permeated by a breeze so delicate..)
If you are an 'older single' you have an extremely professional degree that took you 18 years to achieve like pediatric neurosurgeon.
The moms in the stories are ALWAYS Shopping for their kids and hate it, but there is often a sale that they need to get to.

imamommy5

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 1:42 pm
1346 wrote:
there's always an 'upstairs' in the house
meatballs and spaghettis is a favorite dinner (EEWWWWWWW)
ditto for casserole (never seen one in real life)
the Principal is obviously a kind man with a gray beard, and is strict but with a twinkle in his eye
the mothers are always caressing their daughter's hair while sitting at the edge of their bed

I always think about the shema thing. When I put my kids to bed it's a fight to say it. Just like its a fight to come out of the bath get dressed and into bed. After the holocaust the kids were remembering their parents saying shema with them...

penguin

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 9:14 pm
Quote:
There are "gaggles" of children everywhere! (How many kids does it take to make a gaggle, anyway?!)
Depends on how many of them are called "silly goose" (a memory from my childhood, probably not heard this century....)

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 2:50 am
GLUE wrote:
Every family has a selfish and entitled daughter, who thinks the world revolves around her.

Sometimes there is a son but mostly a daughter.

That is reality.

Heyaaa

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:13 am
shachachti wrote:
I didn't open a magazine in years so maybe things changed.

But the recipes.
Everyone has money for every expensive ingredient. It's a given its the norm and I'm simply living under a rock that I don't even know these ingredients exist.

These unique ingredients are a pet peeve of mine. My dream is to write a cookbook one day but any ingredient that is more unique, I am planning to write many more ideas so that you can use it up. Many times I open a cookbook and there is a random ingredient. it seems to me that the author found the ingredient and decided to make it into a recipe. But then the ingredient isn't repeated so your stuck with 3/4 of a container and the recipe wasn't that fabulous that you actually are going to make it again.
Shout out to chic cookbook that uses half a jar in one recipe and then tells you to turn to another page to use up the other half of the jar.

sushilover

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:40 am
Apparently I'm the only one whose stomach has never clenched when I'm slightly anxious.

Tao

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:34 am
goldfish1 wrote:
The best friend always gives tough love and knocks some sense into the main character's head.

People who are upset do one of 3 things: wash clean dishes, scrub clean counters or take a walk with their walking partner.

Mothers are always kind, nurturing people who are riddled with mom guilt over everything.

Mothers are in the doctor's waiting room about 3 times a week and they always know what's wrong with their child better than the doctor knows.

Have you met my 4 year old? We just can't go too many days without a doctor's visit, a Hatzalah call, or a trip to the ER. Can't Believe It Laugh

He dives headfirst into things, and only looks afterwards. And he catches anything that's going around (and sometimes things that aren't), and badly. Lucky he's adorable, so I think we'll keep him Very Happy

banana123

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 7:19 am
Tao wrote:
Have you met my 4 year old? We just can't go too many days without a doctor's visit, a Hatzalah call, or a trip to the ER. Can't Believe It Laugh

He dives headfirst into things, and only looks afterwards. And he catches anything that's going around (and sometimes things that aren't), and badly. Lucky he's adorable, so I think we'll keep him Very Happy

Please, please, take your child for OT. Tell them that your child keeps bumping things, keeps getting hurt, doesn't seem to notice danger, doesn't seem to learn from his bumps and bruises. Tell them that you think it might be a spatial issue, or a sensory issue, or perhaps a regulation issue of some sort, that he doesn't know how to calibrate (if that is the right word) where his body is in relation to the space around him. There is help for this. OT can really really help. Please get him help ASAP, the younger the better, the sooner the safer. Heart

shirachadasha

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:23 pm
ap wrote:
Page 2
Materialism isn't important
We aren't here forever

Page 4
Luxury jewelry you deserve 🙄
Vacation in style

You skipped page 3 with the ad for the Chinese auction where you can win that jewelry and vacation. It's not considered materialism because you're supporting a worthy cause.

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:30 pm
Maybe not as much in magazines as in videos but at the height of emotion- its always raining.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 4:24 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
That is reality.

Speak for yourself.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics