Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Someone wiped our EBT clean😭
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:01 pm
It was just loaded yesterday. We hadn't had any funds left since June 20. We were waiting so badly for this...and I went shopping today for the first time and it was all gone. Wiped completely from somewhere out of state. And they can't reload anything for another 10 days and we will only be able to access it next month😭😭😭

We will be ok. We have savings we can use and can cut corners in other areas so we will be ok iyH. But this is a huge blow for us. We are a large family knh and this is a lot of money. I just wanted to vent and get some love. And shame on people who can steal like that from others!!!!!!! I can only hope that it was someone who was really desperate and would've starved to death otherwise. I am so sad right now...also trying to be thankful thay it was "just" this and nothing worse.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:07 pm
It's a known scam been going on for a little while. Report it. Hugs so sorry

Teacher_EW

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:09 pm
Firat off, thats really not ok! Why wouls someone steal another person's ebt. Horrible!

Someone told me something last week that really resonated with me, and maybe it'll resonate with you. She said that when bad things happen to her, she repeats the mantra "on things, not peoppe." As in, Thank you hashem for giving me aggravation by striking my things, not people I love. I don't know if it'll speak to u. But it spoke to me...

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:10 pm
Im so sorry!!!
We had that happen earlier this year, its a group of mafia that is doing it.
By us I reported it stolen, and filled out a form, got a new card ten day later and they gave back 2/3 of the funds three weeks later.
Also by me they waited till it was refilled to take the money.
Since then I keep my card frozen and unfreeze it by checkout and then freeze again and so far bh it hasnt been stolen.

sweetie2shoes

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:11 pm
I’m so sorry, Op! What a blow!
Especially if you were counting on that funding and waiting for it to come in. Hugs!

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:12 pm
I am so sorry 😞

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:13 pm
see if the grocery can keep your balance open until your funds are back...?
report the (very common) scam to ebt and I think they will reimburse you.
thiefs put chips on to the ebt machines and they are barely noticeable, then they have access to all the information and they withdraw the funds.. its a crazy thing were dealing with lately.
try to alert the groceries you shop/ped at and have the machines checked.. you might be saving the next customer...
hugs hugs! wish I can help!

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:13 pm
Omg I’m so so sorry I’m giving you a big hug right now bc this is so so upsetting. Everything Hashem does is for the best, so I hope you see the revealed good in this super quickly!!

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:02 pm
Mine too! Someone stole ours too, we had it the whole time and it was reloaded and we are going to make a Bar Mitzvah sion and we don't have money now for food.

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:10 pm
amother Diamond wrote:

Since then I keep my card frozen and unfreeze it by checkout and then freeze again and so far bh it hasnt been stolen.

How do you feeeze and unfreeze it?

cbsp

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:13 pm
amother Begonia wrote:

Instructions are towards the bottom of this page. The entire page seems pretty informative.

https://otda.ny.gov/workingfam.....t.asp
EBT Scam Alert

cbsp

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:14 pm
This whole situation is awful, I know many people who were impacted with not too much recourse...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:16 pm
I totally resonate with on things and not ppl and I will feel it more and more strongly iyH. But right now I'm still reeling.

And to have them replace 2/3 of the funds after several weeks is so not helpful for us during the most expensive month of the year for us.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:26 pm
amother Begonia wrote:

I have the app and theres an option on the app, maybe if you call the number on the back of the card you can do it also.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I totally resonate with on things and not ppl and I will feel it more and more strongly iyH. But right now I'm still reeling.

And to have them replace 2/3 of the funds after several weeks is so not helpful for us during the most expensive month of the year for us.

They replace the amount stolen or past two months- lower value. We had just gotten approved and got three months worth at once. So only two months were given back unfortunately.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:33 pm
amother Honey wrote:
Mine too! Someone stole ours too, we had it the whole time and it was reloaded and we are going to make a Bar Mitzvah sion and we don't have money now for food.

this is so horrible! I'm so sorry 😞

zigi

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:33 pm
I am so sorry that it happened 😞

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:34 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
They replace the amount stolen or past two months- lower value. We had just gotten approved and got three months worth at once. So only two months were given back unfortunately.

They stole $350 last month and every penny of this month (over $1200)😥

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:14 pm
If you don’t mind answering, where are you located?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:23 pm
The exact same thing happened to me , I cried I was so sad. I did get it all back a few weeks after I reported it, these fraudster are terrible ppl. So sorry op just not okay
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics