Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Hand towels never clean

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:41 am
My kitchen towels are never clean. I wash them pretty frequently. The stains don’t come out. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Is it the brand of towels? I think I got all mine from homegoods over the years. Is it the way I clean them? I wash them the same as all my other laundry and don’t have an issue with recurring stains.
Its embarrassing because my towels always look filthy but I literally just took them out of the wash.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:45 am
We have that same problem. I just try to use paper towels for really greasy stuff and really dark colored stuff- like grape juice, mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce,tomatoe sauce.I know it’s not good for the environment. And the rest I try to use the towels. I have noticed a difference since I’ve been doing this.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:51 am
Wash towels separately in their own load (hand towels, bath towels) on the sanitary cycle. Everything comes out cleaner when the fabric type and fabric weight is all the same in the load.

(If the stains are set in already from dryer and are old, you may need to start fresh, but still start separating them.)

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jul 29 2024, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 2:02 pm
I buy only dark hand towels. Dish towels are used only for clean dishes and cookware, never hands or surfaces. Old washcloths are for cleaning surfaces and greasy hands, and rags that I will throw out are for cleaning the grossest messes.

Light-color towels inevitably acquire permanent greyish "cow tracks" that don't come out for love nor money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry