Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
New to lakewood and need OB
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 11:33 pm
Hi
Looking for an OB for newly married girl , someone who is a great doctor with patients and caring . Any recommendations. Would love a practice that has one person that you see and know that he’ll be your doc through whole pregnancy, but I know that’s not so common.
So if you have anyone that was amazing please recommend and even tell me about your experience.
Thank you!

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 12:23 am
I like all the midwives at Dr Surowitz office. Tru Obgyn

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 2:39 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
I like all the midwives at Dr Surowitz office. Tru Obgyn

I used surowitz as well and I would have been comfortable with any of them being by my labor
They're a huge practice but I never felt rushed, I felt they knew who I was, every person is so kind...like the secretaries. The wait time can be long but it's like that in every lakewood practice I believe

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:06 am
dr lundberg, dr rubin, dr ham, dr segal are all fantastic at rwj ob/gyn. theyre accepting new patients now.

bnm

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 6:11 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
dr lundberg, dr rubin, dr ham, dr segal are all fantastic at rwj ob/gyn. theyre accepting new patients now.

She wants a place where she will see the same dr at each appointment and by delivery. That isn't happening by RWJ.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 6:15 pm
bnm wrote:
She wants a place where she will see the same dr at each appointment and by delivery. That isn't happening by RWJ.

That doesn’t happen in most places. I mean at appointments, sure. But most practices have a few doctors on rotation because they can’t ALWAYS be on call for every woman delivering

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 6:23 pm
following! Looking for one as well but still ttc, so if there's a dr particularly specializing in that who can then be my OB during pregnancy IYH, would love to know.

I'm same as OP- looking for a dr that I can tell my history to or whatever and know that they'll be my one dr by each visit. Obvs, no one can 'guarantee' anything, and I totally understand drs being 'on call' for delivery, but looking for a doctor who I can refer to as 'my doctor', not just 'the doctor by my last appointment'

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 7:43 pm
I use Morgan. It’s 2 brothers so you may have either one, but it’s only 2 as opposed to 7 different doctors and I have had both by deliveries and have been thrilled with both

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 8:10 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
I use Morgan. It’s 2 brothers so you may have either one, but it’s only 2 as opposed to 7 different doctors and I have had both by deliveries and have been thrilled with both

It’s true that you’ll likely see the same doc at all or most appointment but I found Steven to be arrogant and dismissive. Had a very bad experience with him. I left his practice.

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 8:32 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
It’s true that you’ll likely see the same doc at all or most appointment but I found Steven to be arrogant and dismissive. Had a very bad experience with him. I left his practice.

I happen to like Ben’s attitude better, and I do see Steven as a drop arrogant, but I had only very good experiences with him. I just had a very late miscarriage and he was the one I saw by the appointment when I found out that there was no heartbeat and he was so empathetic and helpful and told me to call him with any problems or anything with setting up appt for D&E, and then when I saw him again for a follow up he was so sympathetic again and I found it so nice that he seemed really caring

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 8:42 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Last place I'd recommend to someone who is looking for a small personal doctor. They're a great group but soo not personal and so factory like.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 8:43 pm
I didn't use Dr Baum but heard great things. Not sure if it's 2 or more doctors?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 8:55 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:

I was coming on here to say this. They are my favorite and they are so different than most other practices. You get to see an actual doctor and they are very skilled.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 8:58 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Last place I'd recommend to someone who is looking for a small personal doctor. They're a great group but soo not personal and so factory like.

I developed great relationships with some of the dr.s there and even had their cell phone numbers to text after hours if needed.
I stuck to the same 2-3 doctors for appointments and since my delivery was scheduled I made sure to schedule with one of those.
I understand that can't be the case for everyone. For me it was a great experience. Delivered 2 with them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:54 pm
So you’re saying each one of them in that practice is real doctors not midwives, and each one of them are excellent

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:18 pm
The only place who really fits that bill is Morgan

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:51 pm
I had a super amazing experience with Dr Segal /Rwj group
Each doctor I saw at appointments was amazing and very skilled
I liked that they have u see all the doctors so like this by ur delivery whichever doctor you get you’ve already seen them before
The nurses are great they call back for any silly question I have pregnant or not and I have some drs cell numbers as well
I did not feel like it’s a factory At all
Totally recommend

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:57 pm
I like Shore area OB GYN in Howell. They only have 2 doctors and one midwife and it's a small and cozy office. I was very happy at delivery as well. Pleasant office, no wait time.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:59 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
I like Shore area OB GYN in Howell. They only have 2 doctors and one midwife and it's a small and cozy office. I was very happy at delivery as well. Pleasant office, no wait time.

I use them too

Aim Samach

Post Yesterday at 11:02 am
hi
saw rec. for Dr. Surowitz. She herself is great but I know someone who had a late miscarriage's over closed hours and had a very hard time getting through to a Dr. etc.. was a while ago but I also experienced things like that. I did hear the office did change a lot over the last 2 years.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries