Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Finding the right balance

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 10:57 pm
I'm trying to be more relaxed and fun now that school is over. Letting my two older kids go to sleep a bit later. We go swimming a lot in a rented underground pool. We went for pizza supper yesterday. This is all with my kids being in day camp full day too.
My DD10 is the oldest. I'm giving her a great summer so far. But she really wants undivided attention at times that work for her, and not for me.
Since I work all day, I need my evenings to clean up, laundry, make important phone calls etc.
Once I put my littles to sleep, I need to start my night. But, at 8:30 pm is when she shines in from playing outside and wants to play games with me, entertain her and then chat with her when she finally is ready to go to bed close to 10pm.
I'm getting frustrated. In the winter eve's I had time to play with her once the younger were in bed and shmooze while I was cleaning my kitchen etc.
I explained to her that summer is different and I love doing fun things for her but certain things we don't necc. have time for or can't do. I told her that when I'm watching the baby in the backyard after supper is a great time to shmooze to me because I want her company then. But she still wants to do all her things like play with the nieghbors and stay up for a night swim plus get my attention. she wasn't getting it...
Any tips?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics