Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Right wing modern orthodox schools
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 6:53 pm
familyfirst wrote:
Check out silver spring

The Torah school is an awesome school, with a mix of yeshivish and just plain frum

The Hebrew academy is more modern, amazing secular and judaics education, not yedhivish at all

A few Shuls to choose from

From what I know about silver spring, it’s a bit too out of town for my husband. It does seem like a lovely community though.

amother
  Begonia

Post Yesterday at 7:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
At all times or just when I go to the school? For example, if I’m in the grocery with a kippah fall and short sleeves, is this something that the school would not allow? I have no issue following a dress code when I go to the school, but I am not looking to be policed by school policy at all times.

No one would police you outside school but passaic is a generally right wing community and you would definitely stand out in a kippa fall and short sleeves. While there is a range of dress here, it’s unusual to see that. It’s more common in Teaneck area.
If you lived in the neighborhood you would most likely get in, but living outside the passaic Clifton area it would be difficult to get accepted to the school if they would be aware of your dress standards.

amother
Strawberry

Post Yesterday at 7:30 pm
If you'd consider OOT I think a lot of day schools would probably fit your bill.
NMB, Dallas, Las Vegas, I know personally - but I'm sure there are many others. These schools are all run by yeshivish administration and rebbeim/morahs, but the parent body includes every spectrum

amother
Celeste

Post Yesterday at 8:44 pm
Strong recommendation for JEC in Elizabeth. Very good and intentional education for both Jewish and secular. Varied parent body where you and your husband would both fit in. Fully covering to never covering coexist. Classes separate for third grade.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics