Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Therapist for DS

imaonthepath

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 1:12 pm
I know there's been discussion re over-reliance on therapy but...my 10 y o DS needs something. He's been struggling with executive functioning and lack of focus, and when we were discussing this yet again (calmly, without fireworks) he said that it's hard for him sometimes to focus. He never verbalized this before, so now I am wondering if there is actually an underlying cause. If anyone can recommend a therapist in the central NJ area, preferably someone familiar with the yeshiva system, I would really appreciate it.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 1:18 pm
I’ve know a few people with sons with this complaint. In all those experiences, therapy didn’t do much. Executive functioning coaching worked wonders. Consider trying that first.

imaonthepath

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 10:19 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
I’ve know a few people with sons with this complaint. In all those experiences, therapy didn’t do much. Executive functioning coaching worked wonders. Consider trying that first.

Thank you! Do you happen to have any recs?

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:39 am
imaonthepath wrote:
Thank you! Do you happen to have any recs?

I’m not in your area, so no. My kids’ middle school had one on staff for kids that were struggling. Consider calling your son’s school to see if they can make a recommendation. They may be able to direct you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children