Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Feeling so discouraged with finding summer clothing

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:39 pm
I drove over an hour and a half to go to 13th avenue yesterday bc I am desperate for summer tops. I have 3 tops and thats it. I am 6 months PP, EBF and I am about 13 lbs overweight. I went to junees and tried on a million things but I was getting more frustrated with the heat, my nursing baby who was kvetchy etc etc and I looked so fat in everything it just highlighted my stomach and flub. Went to junees, udel and S&W. Udel I couldnt wear anything all the tops are those fitted material and my chest looked huge. I used to be able to wear their tops! I wanted a plain basic black skirt and all the skirts in s&w were either classic pleated to the knee or midi (but almost hitting my ankle. I just want a regular skirt a few inches past my knee)

I loved maternity clothing bc I carry small and look so feminine and have an excuse for a stomach! now I have 0 excuse and nothing is flattering for my chub. I wore the apparalel maternity skirt with cute tops.

I used to be a size 6/8 and Im probably an 8/10 now. I am curvy and my hips got bigger too. I want to get an everyday skirt so I was thinking to get the apparalel infinity in regular and just buy a bunch of shirts. Any ideas of where I can go next? Is it worth it to go back to Junees in a difference branch like the one on central avenue? I want to spend ideally under $450 for a bunch of tops. Is that doable?

Any online websites? Asos or zara? Anywhere else? Links?
My other issue is I have printed skirts but no tops to go with it either.

ETA: tops dont have to be nursing friendly, I just pull up my shirt and nurse with a cover so whatever

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:42 pm
Shopping can be hard when you change sizes. I've done best at that postpartum stage in Dolman style tops.

I've done well in Fame, you should be able to get a bunch of tees for that price.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:48 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Shopping can be hard when you change sizes. I've done best at that postpartum stage in Dolman style tops.

I've done well in Fame, you should be able to get a bunch of tees for that price.

Dolman shirts arent so flattering on me.
Ill try fame this week

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:49 pm
I vote for fame!!

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Dolman shirts arent so flattering on me.
Ill try fame this week

Sounds like we might be built differently so not sure if this helps you but shirtdresses are also flattering on me on that stage and have nursing access.

Styles like https://fameoncentral.com/prod.....HA816

Hope you're able to find things!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:51 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Sounds like we might be built differently so not sure if this helps you but shirtdresses are also flattering on me on that stage and have nursing access.

Styles like https://fameoncentral.com/prod.....HA816

Hope you're able to find things!

thanks! so pretty and so my style!

I know this is soo high school of me but I always feel so self conscious in fame TMI like people dressed tip top there. I cant wear the classic style now like the slip dress or satin skirts either
reminds me of when I was in elementary school and super chubby and would go to abercrombie and would be so embarassed and fat.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:53 pm
Are you looking to be fancy? Will basic cotton tees work? That's what I find most comfortable for nursing. With knee length flare skirts.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:54 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Are you looking to be fancy? Will basic cotton tees work? That's what I find most comfortable for nursing. With knee length flare skirts.

Doesnt need to be fancy, just for everyday.
Do you have links of what you find comfortable?

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 1:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Doesnt need to be fancy, just for everyday.
Do you have links of what you find comfortable?

Possibly something like this. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BD.....;th=1
I'm sure if I spent time looking I can find something %100 percent cotton and/or with design
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics