Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What do you do differently in the summer

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:07 pm
I feel like nothing changes, besides the weather. And I don't even get to feel it, because all I do is work. Need ideas desperately because I end up becoming depressed from July- October every year.

mha3484

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:10 pm
Summer is my mental vacation. No homework, no tests, no minyan bus. Everything starts later, I don't stress about bed time. I work full time too but without school its so much more relaxed.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:10 pm
You need to enjoy the moments.
I love the sunshine streaming through the windows. It brightens my day.
I love that the kids are not pressured with school.
It's true, I do work the same as the rest of the year, through the summer.
Just be present and enjoy a bit of a different pace.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:15 pm
I make all my doctor appointments, take care of my dental work, go to the beach and swim and relax, I go to the local aquirium at least twice and I use the Summer for me time. I do work full time I take my computer withe me and I work from wherever! I only work remote in the Summer like this so I take full advantage and make sure my work responsibilities are done.

I also cook much less in the summer during the week it's cold sandwiches like peanut butter and jelly and no chulent on Shabbos it's too hot.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:15 pm
I also work through the summer. I enjoy the longer days of sunshine. I sit out in the evening. Try to plan outungs for Sundays.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
I feel like nothing changes, besides the weather. And I don't even get to feel it, because all I do is work. Need ideas desperately because I end up becoming depressed from July- October every year.

My morning is much more chilled. I have less kids home (sleep away camp) and I don’t have to drive anyone (bus) so I don’t have to wake my baby up and get him into the car. I don’t have to be out of the house by 7:30. I don’t have to pick anyone up from school. I don’t have to do homework with anyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics