Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
What can I feed baby?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 11:17 pm
Baby is allergic to: diary, eggs, all nuts, sesame, mustard, garlic, onion powder, coconut, corn (and corn syrup) allergist recommends avoiding soy too. I have such a hard time feeding baby!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 11:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Baby is allergic to: diary, eggs, all nuts, sesame, mustard, garlic, onion powder, coconut, corn (and corn syrup) allergist recommends avoiding soy too. I have such a hard time feeding baby!

My child is allergic to this + more
It was hard and still is bt we are used to it by now

I see from here that Chicken, meat, fish, wheat and beans are allowed. That's great. Lots of options there.

Morning
Avocado, sweet potato, applesauce, oatmeal..

Lunch / Supper
Any protein and veggies he is allowed + rice/potato/sweet potato/noodles.. list can be endless

effess

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 11:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

A lot depends on age.
If you tell us baby’s age, we can suggest healthy and wholesome menus.

Ma3

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 11:48 pm
Coconut yogurts from So Delicious company. My daughter loves them! My daughter has allergies too and used to be allergic to many more foods. Options depend on your baby's age as another amother mentioned.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:35 am
Baby is 10 months. I know I can do proteins it’s just hard to find recipes for chicken and meats and fish that I can make for the rest of the family that don’t contain any of these ingredients. Baby can basically just have salt and pepper

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 1:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Baby is 10 months. I know I can do proteins it’s just hard to find recipes for chicken and meats and fish that I can make for the rest of the family that don’t contain any of these ingredients. Baby can basically just have salt and pepper

I set aside some for allergic child and then add whatever spice to the rest

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 1:23 am
That's alot of allergies. There's practioners you can work with to eliminate allergies. My husband and his family all had tons and after a few sessions got rid of a lot of them.

Ma3

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 1:54 am
amother OP wrote:

Had this too and it isn't easy at all. I practically cooked for my allergic chile separate foods at that age. I would cook up a huge pot of chicken bottoms with limited spices and freeze them in small portion sized pans. My kid literally ate it for lunch and supper. Made separate soup and froze them. It isn't easy but was way easier than having to start from scratch every night.

Chicken soups are great. You can use the chicken and veggies to shred/mash and then freeze.
did lots of baked sweet potato in oven or microwave if was tight on time.
Sweet potato fries, avacado, yogurts...
My child loved kasha, although I never made it for family. Just cooked it up with water and seasoning and it was very filling. Made it soft like an oatbran.

Key thing was cooking in bulk and freezing. 10 month old doesn't have to have so much variety. Not saying it was easy though. It was very challenging so hugs and cheers for all the effort!!

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 2:35 am
Ma3 wrote:
Coconut yogurts from So Delicious company. My daughter loves them! My daughter has allergies too and used to be allergic to many more foods. Options depend on your baby's age as another amother mentioned.

Op said baby is allergic to coconut.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 3:44 am
amother Green wrote:
That's alot of allergies. There's practioners you can work with to eliminate allergies. My husband and his family all had tons and after a few sessions got rid of a lot of them.

Its called NAET and there's practitioners all over the country. They are a pretty regular family and don't really dabble in alternative medicine but this really changed their lives.

My husband was allergic to yeast, eggs, chicken and so much more and it's all gone.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 6:21 am
I have one of those (with a few differences). I cook her food seperately. I have a second mini crockpot for her spice free chulent. I cook her meat and carrot soup in the instant pot in bulk and freeze in small containers. Safe meatballs are frozen. When I make hamburgers I make a few without anything added- just meat. Seperate tray when I make schnitzel of her cutlets etc. So dinner is always fleshig (she's not my only dairy allergic kid). We rotate between rice and frozen fries (lots of brands are spice free) and potstoes as dinner sides.

Breakfast is generally dry cereal (that's how she likes it but there are safe milks) with fruit and a cup of formula.

Lunch is some combination of: beans, home made chummus (literally just blend canned chickpeas and water). Carrots and peas from the freezer. Canned salmon. Home made vegan waffles.
Also, when you say all nuts, are you including peanuts- they're technically a legume and some nut allergic kids can have them.

Vegan snacks are your friend, and you may have to cook a lot in bulk and freeze.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 6:51 am
Your child won't be able to have most packaged food as they mostly contain high fructose corn syrup. Good luck, I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with food allergies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics