Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby off schedule and acting cuckoo - advice needed!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:22 pm
We had to get up early to make the long drive to a family simcha. My baby was woken 2.5 hours earlier than he usually gets up. He was up pretty much the rest of the day, not getting more than a half hour nap here and there rather than his usual 2 1-3 hour naps during the day. He’s acting completely nuts! He’s constantly crying and can’t be soothed. He acts hungry but will shriek after 2-3 minutes of nursing if I try to feed him. He’s probably only had 3 proper feeds today and the rest was multiple 2-3 minute attempts here and there. He’ll shriek for 30 minutes and then doze off for a few minutes but wake up very soon after. He’s only ever lightly asleep.
I’m pretty positive it’s from being overtired and off schedule.

How do I get him down for the night?

Also please try not to freak me out because I’m a bit of an anxious mom

salt

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 5:10 am
Might be nothing to do with it. Maybe an ear infection?

salt

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 5:21 am
I don't quite understand if you're still away and off-schedule, or if you're home already.
If you're still away, you might have to stick it out, and he'll calm down once you get back.

If you're already home, try and get him back to a routine - don't nurse him every time he cries or shrieks - only if enough time has passed that he is probably hungry - otherwise, if you're feeding him a few minutes every half an hour, you'll never know if he's really hungry or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics