Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Are side bangs on a shaitel very out of style?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:59 am
Or any type of bangs…
I finally bought a new shaitel and didn’t cut bangs..
But I miss having bangs!
The front hair falls in my face from both sides—
My daughters are begging me to keep my shaitel exactly how it is..
But I’m not comfortable!
Tell me what you really think about bangs..

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Or any type of bangs…
I finally bought a new shaitel and didn’t cut bangs..
But I miss having bangs!
The front hair falls in my face from both sides—
My daughters are begging me to keep my shaitel exactly how it is..
But I’m not comfortable!
Tell me what you really think about bangs..

I got a new shaitel longer smoother than I'm used to but I still needed it to frame my face. I'm not a slave to what's in, yes I want to look with it, but I also want a look that's flattering and I look horrendous with a middle part and extreme pulled to the side hair. I have the slightest side sweep to frame my face (I also added some baby hair to the crown where I have my cowlick underneath- much to the chagrin of my shaitel macher who said the parts go further back these days. I get it but tried for a few months and felt like I needed a dot of height back or else my face drags down).

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:19 am
Do YOU. I never did bangs. It scratches. Even when everyone but me had one.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:25 am
Straight bangs are in.

As a classy look. I see some not-so-young people in it. Wig on the shorter side.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:27 am
amother Indigo wrote:
I got a new shaitel longer smoother than I'm used to but I still needed it to frame my face. I'm not a slave to what's in, yes I want to look with it, but I also want a look that's flattering and I look horrendous with a middle part and extreme pulled to the side hair. I have the slightest side sweep to frame my face (I also added some baby hair to the crown where I have my cowlick underneath- much to the chagrin of my shaitel macher who said the parts go further back these days. I get it but tried for a few months and felt like I needed a dot of height back or else my face drags down).

I’m so curious about the slight side sweep bangs. That sounds like what I might be looking for. Definitely not heavy bangs…
If you can find a picture online can you please post a link for this look?
Thanks!!

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:50 am
Full on side bangs are out of style, but you can tell your sheitel macher that that is your comfort zone and she can do small things to make your sheitel more "you", like moving over the part a drop, cutting angles, blowing hairs in certain directions...

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:55 am
The middle part has been around for many years so I think anything that changes things up is more current.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:18 am
My part is not really in the middle. It’s not a side part either. It’s middle but slightly towards the side. It gives a middle part look without being directly in the middle.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:20 am
their definitely more into cutting and chopping wigs now, then leaving it long and no style. Straight bangs have been in and also if no bang then their doing alot of framing the face in the front.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:24 am
I cannot wait for side bangs to come back in. I hate all the hair up in my space. I know what you mean OP.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:26 am
How does everyone commit to cutting shaitels? I got a new lacetop 2 years ago and the SM was begging me to let her frame my face and I said not yet let me wear it and get comfortable with it and think about it. 2 years later and I’m thinking it would be nice to have some sort of shorter (but not short) pieces in the front to pull out when I pull my shaitel half back so I can have those face framing pieces but I’m terrified to cut it because what if I don’t like it and then it’s permanent???

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:27 am
Baby hairs can push the hair out of your face. I findglasseshelp too! 🤓

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:28 am
So… how does everyone handle the front of the shaitel? I don’t have a lace. I have a high quality wig with baby hair added so it gives a natural look in the front. But… what do I do with the sides of the top coming in my face? It looks messy and doesn’t feel good.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:36 am
amother OP wrote:
So… how does everyone handle the front of the shaitel? I don’t have a lace. I have a high quality wig with baby hair added so it gives a natural look in the front. But… what do I do with the sides of the top coming in my face? It looks messy and doesn’t feel good.

Can you tuck behind your ears? Or pin to the side?

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:40 am
amother OP wrote:

Like I said- an expert sheitel macher can cut angles, frame your face etc... you can also style it so it's like "almost side bangs" without quite being side bangs

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:42 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
Can you tuck behind your ears? Or pin to the side?

I tried that. I just don’t look good behind the ears..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:42 am
amother Molasses wrote:
Like I said- an expert sheitel macher can cut angles, frame your face etc... you can also style it so it's like "almost side bangs" without quite being side bangs

Almost side bangs sounds good. I hope my shaitel macher will understand what I want..

honey36

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:09 am
Are you me? I could've written this post exactly, same even with the daughters telling me not to cut bangs LOL

Yeah, it's quite ridiculous that people on here will tell you- "just do whatever looks good on you", but then you show up to an event/wedding and your literally the only person there with bangs.

I have an old sheitel with side bangs and it looked great- now it's already quite worn out so I had to buy a new one. Went for the no bangs look. I think it looks terrible and feels terrible too- like you said, the sides are constantly on my face, in my eyes and mouth Rolling Eyes I really don't get it, but felt I didn't have a choice.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:14 am
I just did this to my sheitel. I don’t know if it’s “in style” or not, but the way the bangs were was driving me insane- they were always in my eyes!

https://I.imgur.com/E8AzXMk.jpeg

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:15 am
I clip or tuck each side only at the very top, so my ears are still covered but my hair isn't in my face.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels