Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Things to do ages 2-12 between school and daycamp

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 9:23 pm
Looking for ideas for things to do during the week between school and daycamp.... We don't have a lot of space and it will be a disaster to stay in the house the whole day. I prefer low cost although I'm ok with spending more on one trip...

DH works FT so no option to split up to do things for separately for the older and younger children. My oldest is going to be the challenge...he loves expensive things/lots of action/hands on... He's the hardest to keep happy but when he is happy, he can actually be very helpful. The ones under will be pretty much happy with most things, as long as they are somewhat age appropriate for them....
I have a cool culture card but not sure my oldest will be so happy with anything on there (he may tolerate it if it's paired with something he thinks is fun before /after the trip)
Also I really prefer to avoid the subway and buses, just really hard with all the kids...so rather avoid Manhattan/places without parking...

So far for tomorrow we rented a pool for $15 (in case anyone wants we got $50 off a $65 pool with coupon https://swimply.com/referral?r.....11719
) and bh they are all excited about that. It doesn't fill up the whole day, but hopefully since it's the first day of vacation it will be enough...

Any other ideas for the other days?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:07 am
Governor’s Island is a great place to go, it’s not expensive and is good for all ages.
Jewish children’s museum is also a good option though I’m not sure your 12 year old would like it. My kids love when we go to the local park and have fun in the sprinklers.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:13 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Governor’s Island is a great place to go, it’s not expensive and is good for all ages.
Jewish children’s museum is also a good option though I’m not sure your 12 year old would like it. My kids love when we go to the local park and have fun in the sprinklers.

Thanks for the ideas!

I'm nervous about going to govners island although it does sound good for all them- I think I would need to take a train there? Not so excited about the idea of trying to keep track of all my kids on there and having to carry everything...

Jewish childrens museum is great but like you pointed out my 12 yr old probably wouldn't enjoy it... Since there are cheaper options to make my younger kids happy, the trip I spend money on id want it to be something he would also enjoy...

Park and sprinkler is a great idea - all my kids besides the oldest will enjoy. I think we will do it one day... My oldest wont like it but maybe will try to pair it with going to a nearby ice cream store to help him tolerate coming along...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries