Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Six Flags Great Aventures

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:23 am
I am thinking of going on a family trip to six flags in nj. Does anyone know how bad the lines can be there. My kids are 10 and under so we'd be sticking with more of the family and kiddie rides. We're not going to be doing the big roller coaster rides. Are the lines very long at the kiddie section?

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:25 am
Shouldn’t be lines. Most people come for the roller coasters.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:27 am
Why would you choose that park for young kids who aren’t going on roller coasters? It’s really lot geared towards teens and those who like thrill rides

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:29 am
It's a waste of $ if you're not going on big rides.

Go to a park for younger kids.

erm

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:56 am
I have membership there for years because my kids like roller coasters. That’s the major attraction. They removed many kiddie rides to fit in more roller coasters. You would be better off going to an amusement park that has more of the rides your kids can go on.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:59 am
Nickelodeon at American dream has perfect rides for those ages

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 3:46 am
erm wrote:
I have membership there for years because my kids like roller coasters. That’s the major attraction. They removed many kiddie rides to fit in more roller coasters. You would be better off going to an amusement park that has more of the rides your kids can go on.

I have membership for years to & they just started charging much more. They said it says I'm agreement that they can change the price. Did your monthly/ yearly price change too?

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 3:50 am
amother OP wrote:
I am thinking of going on a family trip to six flags in nj. Does anyone know how bad the lines can be there. My kids are 10 and under so we'd be sticking with more of the family and kiddie rides. We're not going to be doing the big roller coaster rides. Are the lines very long at the kiddie section?

If your going to go on Sunday all family rides are lines & kids. The only thing with short line is real toddler stuff.
If you still wanna go try a cloudy day or cooler it gets real hot & try to be there as soon as it opens. & be prepared for tons of walking.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 3:51 am
My little kids enjoyed it and we never really stood on lines much. Maybe waited for one round before their turn.

small bean

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:01 am
Weekdays in the early hours are thr best for no lines.

There are 2 sections for kid rides. If you download the app, the map there is very helpful.

I also have membership and didn't get any notification that the price went up.

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:05 am
I think six flags is a great underrated park for little kids. People think oh, it’s a park for thrill rides but there are so many rides for kids- in each section there are a couple plus little sections just for kids. And the lines for those are so thought.
I can’t tell you if it’s worth the money, because it can be pricey. But there’s definitely what to do there.

bsy

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:21 am
Why not try adventurer's park or wonder wheel which is geared toward younger kids? It's cheaper

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:33 am
amother Canary wrote:
I think six flags is a great underrated park for little kids. People think oh, it’s a park for thrill rides but there are so many rides for kids- in each section there are a couple plus little sections just for kids. And the lines for those are so thought.
I can’t tell you if it’s worth the money, because it can be pricey. But there’s definitely what to do there.

There are a good number of rides for the real toddler age but they're missing the in- between stage. Ages 5-10 may not find much to do there.

I agree with the others. OP is better off in a park geared towards younger children.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 8:19 pm
For ages 5-10 of the top of my head:
Crazy train
Runaway train
Buccaneer
Dejavu
Joker
Skull mountain
Justice league
Tea cups
Bumper cars
Sky screamer
Dark knight
Log flume
Congo rapids

I'm sure there are more that I forgot. Not to mention that a 5 year old can go on more that are geared toward younger and a 10 year old can ride the roller coasters if he is tall enough. It's really a great park. But it is expensive if you don't have membership.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics