Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Doctor for Lyme

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:44 pm
Does anyone know of any doctor in or around Lakewood that is knowledgeable in Lyme Disease and will give medication as a preventative measure?

amothertrying

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:49 pm
You must call esther honig from life4lyme!
She’s based in Lakewood and knows.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:50 pm
You can try PA beren.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:51 pm
amothertrying wrote:
You must call esther honig from life4lyme!
She’s based in Lakewood and knows.

Do you have her contact info? We spoke to Rabbi Blum from life4lyme but he isn't familiar with the Lakewood doctors.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:57 pm
Assuming you want this for a tick bite, not for someone who already developed symptoms correct?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 3:02 pm
amother Peony wrote:
Assuming you want this for a tick bite, not for someone who already developed symptoms correct?

Correct. I got bitten around 3 weeks ago and I'm trying to be proactive

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 3:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you have her contact info? We spoke to Rabbi Blum from life4lyme but he isn't familiar with the Lakewood doctors.

Can you please share rabbi blum's number? Thank you!

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 3:05 pm
amother OP wrote:

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 3:09 pm
amother Crocus wrote:

Sure (845) 548-3790

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 3:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Correct. I got bitten around 3 weeks ago and I'm trying to be proactive
PA beren should be helpful even though 3 weeks is a little late. Are you interested in otc diy alternatives you can try?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 3:21 pm
amother Peony wrote:
PA beren should be helpful even though 3 weeks is a little late. Are you interested in otc diy alternatives you can try?

I did get antibiotics right away for 10 days so hopefully I'm not too late. From what I understand I would really need around 4 weeks of antibiotics to be really preventative. Yes I would be open to otc alternatives.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 3:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I did get antibiotics right away for 10 days so hopefully I'm not too late. From what I understand I would really need around 4 weeks of antibiotics to be really preventative. Yes I would be open to otc alternatives.
Yes 30 days is best.

As an alternative you can try cistus tea, ledum homeopathic and andrographis or astragalus tincture orally.

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 3:50 pm
Do people really do 30 days of abx whenever they find a tick (on their kids)?
Or did you have the tick tested and know it was infected?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 4:24 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
Do people really do 30 days of abx whenever they find a tick (on their kids)?
Or did you have the tick tested and know it was infected?

I did not get the tick tested but it wasn't just that it was on me. I have an actual bite from it. I developed a rash within a day of it being removed. I'd rather not wait and find out in a few months that I have lyme and then have to deal with all the effects. I'm trying to be proactive and prevent any symptoms. It's obviously not in my control but at least I can do my hishtadlus.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 4:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
I did not get the tick tested but it wasn't just that it was on me. I have an actual bite from it. I developed a rash within a day of it being removed. I'd rather not wait and find out in a few months that I have lyme and then have to deal with all the effects. I'm trying to be proactive and prevent any symptoms. It's obviously not in my control but at least I can do my hishtadlus.
Once you develop a rash you're already symptomatic

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 5:23 pm
DH was really sick with lyme.
He went to Dr. Schick, he is in Edison I think. That really helped. He still had some symptoms but much better!

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 5:53 pm
I don't have personal experience yet but was told by a few ppl Dr Fratellone in NYC has years of experience with lyme diseases

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 7:51 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
DH was really sick with lyme.
He went to Dr. Schick, he is in Edison I think. That really helped. He still had some symptoms but much better!

I went to Dr Schick for something else, he was totally off base for me and a poor communicator about what he was treating, just wanted me to keep coming back. He is a chiropractor.

BusyBoys

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:07 pm
amother OP wrote:

I just pulled a tick from my son, also developed rash around the bite within a day but pediatrician claims it was likely residual saliva and no indication of infection..
Is that true? Or should I medicate?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries