Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Glass dishes for dairy and meat

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 4:22 pm
I am Ashkenazi, married to sephardi. I grew up with seperate dishes, but my husband says I can use glass for both. If you are sephardi do you use the same glass dish for both dairy and meat? Do Ashkenazim eat by your house?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 4:25 pm
There is such a thing, but I understood it to be for cold. I'd be very uncomfortable ro do it without directly hearing the Rav's approval.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 4:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am Ashkenazi, married to sephardi. I grew up with seperate dishes, but my husband says I can use glass for both. If you are sephardi do you use the same glass dish for both dairy and meat? Do Ashkenazim eat by your house?

There are different opinions on this. Here is an I interesting read with full details.
https://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/38/Q1/

sunshine23

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 4:40 pm
I am sefardi now that I'm married too and husbands holds the same. We are strict about most things and this he holds glass does not absorb as long gas it's clean it can be used as both

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 5:17 pm
Is it for shalom? What type of washing machine?
All questions

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 6:51 pm
We’re sephardic, you can use glass for dairy and meat. As long as it’s not chipped

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 7:43 pm
I'm not sure if it's a sefardi/ashkenazi thing. I'm ashkenazi and use glass for dairy and meat, as long as it's cold. My husband and I both grew up with this.

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 7:49 pm
Sephardic. I use glass for dairy and meat hot even pyrexes in the oven. So long as clear glass and make sure you clean it sparkling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen