Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Quin vs fig vs cat
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 10:15 pm
I want to give up my smartphone. It’s a big deal for me . I’m sitting on the idea for years but haven’t because I need to know that if I do it I won’t regret it.
I have an iPhone now .
I need a phone that
- makes it easy to text ( I do a lot of that, I have a very busy personal - family not friend - and business life ) I text with voice texting or on screen keyboard. I need a phone that can do both of those, no t9 etc

- has Waze
- will not break if dropped . I’m not hearing such good things about some of these phones
- works well

As I wrote earlier it’s a big step. I can only take it if I won’t feel regret and I’m trying to do this right. I don’t want to filters. Smartphone. I will be using my smartphone for work etc only on WiFi with no calling texting etc so I can leave it in my room and have a sep phone that’s with me all the time

Please help me out

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:31 pm
Are you my sister

honey bunny

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:34 pm
Following! Is there a support group for those who want to make the switch?

happymommy6

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:38 pm
I switched to the fig.
Waiting to get the new sim to actually switch. Can't wait for quiet and peace!
FYI, fig gives a chinuch discount

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 2:39 pm
Bump thx for the response

It wouldn’t make a difference if I was your sister. Are you judging her/me ? That doesn’t seem ok

I d love to hear from someone that has one if these phones for a while thx

watergirl  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 2:43 pm
My son has the cat flip. It has a touch screen, so you can text with a qwerty keyboard and also with T9. But the touch screen is really small, so it annoys me to use. He likes it. And it's built to withstand drops from construction sites, so it wont break. I've heard the quin and fig break - the kosher phone guy in my city said they are forever breaking and convinced me to get the cat, even though it was cheaper than the others.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 3:42 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
My son has the cat flip. It has a touch screen, so you can text with a qwerty keyboard and also with T9. But the touch screen is really small, so it annoys me to use. He likes it. And it's built to withstand drops from construction sites, so it wont break. I've heard the quin and fig break - the kosher phone guy in my city said they are forever breaking and convinced me to get the cat, even though it was cheaper than the others.

Ty where can I buy it cheapest - anyone know

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 4:03 pm
I'm not so happy with the Cat. I tried contacting them for support and they don't respond. It should be covered under the warranty but I can't reach them.

shachachti  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 4:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
I want to give up my smartphone. It’s a big deal for me . I’m sitting on the idea for years but haven’t because I need to know that if I do it I won’t regret it.
I have an iPhone now .
I need a phone that
- makes it easy to text ( I do a lot of that, I have a very busy personal - family not friend - and business life ) I text with voice texting or on screen keyboard. I need a phone that can do both of those, no t9 etc

- has Waze
- will not break if dropped . I’m not hearing such good things about some of these phones
- works well

As I wrote earlier it’s a big step. I can only take it if I won’t feel regret and I’m trying to do this right. I don’t want to filters. Smartphone. I will be using my smartphone for work etc only on WiFi with no calling texting etc so I can leave it in my room and have a sep phone that’s with me all the time

Please help me out

I have had the Kyocera cadence and the Duraxv.
They are both like fragile newborn birds.
One touch and they're dead.
Literally a levaya every 3 months.

I also have a Samsung s9 smartphone for 5 years now.

You can't compare phones that can have protectors and are built well.

The Quin is great for the things that you need. It's very efficient with texting has waze and many other good features.

They do not last though. Mad

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 4:15 pm
And this is why I’m still here 🙈
I have my iPhone for years. Got it for free from phone company. I can not afford to spend 300 on a new phone every 3 months

shachachti  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 4:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
And this is why I’m still here 🙈

Yeah... Can't Believe It

newinbp  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 4:16 pm
I have qin bh. Like it. Def an adjustment from a smartphone but I’m glad I did it. We should support eachother tho every so often I’m like why again did I do this? Like I could be so capable having everything at my fingertips yet I don’t..
I’m choosing a bit more peace and quiet.

shachachti  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 4:34 pm
newinbp wrote:
I have qin bh. Like it. Def an adjustment from a smartphone but I’m glad I did it. We should support eachother tho every so often I’m like why again did I do this? Like I could be so capable having everything at my fingertips yet I don’t..
I’m choosing a bit more peace and quiet.

How's it holding up?
If it falls does it die?

newinbp  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:42 pm
shachachti wrote:
How's it holding up?
If it falls does it die?

I bought the best case for it that the guy at the phone store offered. So far it’s been fine bh and it has fallen a few times.

ewwpeas20  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:57 pm
I've had my qin f30 for a year now. My 4yr old threw it very forcefully to the ground once and the screen cracked, but for me it's not an issue. The phone still works.

shachachti

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 12:29 am
ewwpeas20 wrote:
I've had my qin f30 for a year now. My 4yr old threw it very forcefully to the ground once and the screen cracked, but for me it's not an issue. The phone still works.

Was it in a case? Just curious if it even helps

ewwpeas20

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 4:10 am
shachachti wrote:
Was it in a case? Just curious if it even helps

At the time, no.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 7:52 am
I have the Qin for over a year and half now. It has a crack across the screen and it was always in a case. The battery is terrible now and some other issues with texting. While talking it can mute, record and put the call on hold despite the app that it comes with to fix that problem. Overall it’s a good phone with easy interface better than a flip phone. I’ve had an iPhone for over 10 yrs and it was a big transition. Before the qin I had the orchid flip for a few months before it broke.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 8:12 am
Just know that the CAT cannot be filtered.

watergirl  

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 8:16 am
amother Lavender wrote:
Just know that the CAT cannot be filtered.

Of course it is. And it’s on my son’s yeshiva’s approved list. Recently, we had to send it back to the company to do an update so that we can update 24Six, we couldn’t do it ourselves.
It has no Internet browser. No email. No whatsapp (which is a huge issue, speaking of filters). It’s very literally talk, text, 24six, waze, minyanim app, weather, siddur, and we can add whatever music we want. I think thats all. We can not add any apps or get into the system at all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics