Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
24/6 device

benny

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 4:13 pm
I have a question about the 24/6 device. My child received it as a gift but now I see I need to sign up for a subscription. What happens when I stop paying the subscription? Does the device not work anymore? Does it work with downloaded songs but I just can't get anything new on it?

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 4:14 pm
It updates and syncs every 30 days.
If you stop paying then it will not work at all even with downloaded songs, once your subscription is canceled.

benny

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 4:20 pm
Thank you for your clear response.

amother
Ebony

Post Sat, Jun 08 2024, 1:49 pm
I am looking into buying one. Can someone explain how it works. It officially doesn't need Internet, but I was told that if you want to access all the songs not just the ones you downloaded you need wifi. Is this true?

Does anyone know if the device has been hacked to use for Internet

cnc

Post Sat, Jun 08 2024, 9:49 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
I am looking into buying one. Can someone explain how it works. It officially doesn't need Internet, but I was told that if you want to access all the songs not just the ones you downloaded you need wifi. Is this true?

Does anyone know if the device has been hacked to use for Internet

That is correct.

It doesn't have a browser so it can't access the Internet.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Jun 08 2024, 11:53 pm
The 24/6 is useless without a subscription. It is literally a device locked to the 24/6 app, which (understandably) only works with a subscription. That subscription is what pays the artists royalties for the music you are listening to.

It cannot do anything else on the internet or off.

If you want to access music without needing to reconnect to the internet every 30 days, you can prepay for a year and put it in "Yeshiva mode." That will allow you to play all the music you downloaded even without reconnecting each month.

It works best with internet, because then you can stream anything at any time. But it's still worth it for me even though DD doesn't have internet access most of the year, she made her playlists over the summer and can listen to them whenever she wants.

It is expensive, but if I do the math, it's still cheaper than to buy an MP3 player and purchase each album.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics