Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Does glasses make me more attractive?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:39 pm
okay I wasn't sure if I should post it here or under shalom bayis,
so I'm married 2 years BH with a wonderful husband we understand and love each other,
recently we walked into an optical store to pick up lenses for me(I have a very low number) and while we were waiting I tried on several different glasses frames for the fun of it, my husband complimented me on how good-looking I am with glasses and that was it,
later that day he mentioned again how he loved me with glasses since then he keeps on telling me that,
one night I asked him why he keeps telling me that he admitted he wished I would start wearing glasses because it makes me look intelligent and more attractive even though I'm good-looking as is, he assured me that he loves me either way, and he would never demand them from me.

now, I really wanna make him happy even if he doesn't dement it, I know he would be thrilled,
however, I never wear glasses before and I feel so awkward showing up to work/family gatherings with glasses,

also, today most trending glasses are oversized plastic or metal, it is a really big adjustment going from nothing on your face to oversize frames on your face all day.

any advice would be appreciated (please don't tell me my husband is a manipulator, he never asked me to change, I wanna do it for him)

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:43 pm
You can get cute glasses and still wear contacts to work and simchas. Transition slowly or do a combo of sometimes glasses and sometimes contacts.

amother
Diamond  

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:44 pm
Don’t feel pressured to wear anything you aren’t comfortable in.

Next?

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:44 pm
Would he be happy if you wore it just at home when he's around?

amother
Tomato  

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
so I'm married 2 years BH with a wonderful husband we understand and love each other,
recently we walked into an optical store to pick up lenses for me(I have a very low number) and while we were waiting I tried on several different glasses frames for the fun of it, my husband complimented me on how good-looking I am with glasses and that was it,
later that day he mentioned again how he loved me with glasses since then he keeps on telling me that,
one night I asked him why he keeps telling me that he admitted he wished I would start wearing glasses because it makes me look intelligent and more attractive even though I'm good-looking as is, he assured me that he loves me either way, and he would never demand them from me.

now, I really wanna make him happy even if he doesn't dement it, I know he would be thrilled,
however, I never wear glasses before and I feel so awkward showing up to work/family gatherings with glasses,

also, today most trending glasses are oversized plastic or metal, it is a really big adjustment going from nothing on your face to oversize frames on your face all day.

any advice would be appreciated (please don't tell me my husband is a manipulator, he never asked me to change, I wanna do it for him)

Everyone's allowed to try new looks. If anyone comments, just tell them you're trying a new look. See if you like it.

MrsDash

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:47 pm
Glasses have become a popular form of accessorizing. Non-prescription lenses are pretty common these days. I have terrible vision, and it doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, it's nice that this handicap has become a fashion statement. Very Happy

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:49 pm
I just went to get my first pair of glasses my husband loves how I look with them. He chose my frames, I showed him a few I like and he chose the ones he loved.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:50 pm
OP her,

I would like to add one thing, I have a slight form of astigmatism and per my eye doctor I cannot switch back in forth between glasses and lenses, (I will get dizzi)

so it would be impossible to switch daily.

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
OP her,

I would like to add one thing, I have a slight form of astigmatism and per my eye doctor I cannot switch back in forth between glasses and lenses, (I will get dizzi)

So if you wear lenses anyway, what's the big deal? I know people who wore lenses for years and then switched to glasses, for various reasons. Sometimes, it was just about comfort or ease with getting ready in the morning, or just that they wanted a change. Nobody thinks anything of it, just say you wanted to try something different.

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:07 pm
You can get clear frames and where them at home or when out with your husband.

amother
  Tomato

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
OP her,

Idk, I have astigmatism and switch back and forth. It might take a bit to adjust at first to the glasses, but then maybe a few minutes. Worth trying.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:27 pm
Get non prescription glasses and wear on top of contacts at your leisure and see if you get used to it or not. Frames alone aren't that expensive that you're risking a big financial loss for something that doesn't end up working out.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:29 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
You can get clear frames and where them at home or when out with your husband.

I was thinking about that, however I usually come home after him, and me running to put on glasses when I come home and then switch back when we leave the house, I know I will forget and feel like a joke,

Also I'm chasidish- monsey and most people I know under 25 wearing glasses are more the "yunchi" type ( who don't care how they look)
Anyone her under 25 switched to glasses after marriage and can help me withadjusting?
Also if you can share cut glasses frames ideas or links?
I really wanna make this happen before his birthday

lamplighter

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:44 pm
Buy glasses without a prescription. Wear them whenever you want, like an accessory. Maybe start with putting them on at home or just in the evening or just when not nidda and then decide how, when or if you want to wear them outside.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 7:50 pm
What's the big deal? Buy a pair or three of glasses with plano lenses (the official term for lenses that are just plain glass), keep a pair in your purse and pop them on just before you get home. You do dig in your purse for the house keys, no? So why is digging in the same purse for a pair of glasses any more of a tircha? Don't make things more complicated than they need to be. You had to get used to wearing a head covering when you got married, you can get used to this.

If you really find looking for glasses in your purse such a big gedulah, channel your inner Hollywood star and perch the glasses on top of your head like a headband, then slide them onto your face right when you get home. For greater glamour, have the lenses tinted a very pale pink to add color to your face.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 11:13 pm
I think you’re overthinking this a bit. Does he really want you to ALWAYS wear ONLY glasses? If he thinks you look cute in them then wear fake glasses when you want to look cute for him, like an accessory, it doesn’t have to be such a big commitment from you and I doubt he would want it to be.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Dec 30 2022, 12:39 am
amother Seashell wrote:
I think you’re overthinking this a bit. Does he really want you to ALWAYS wear ONLY glasses? If he thinks you look cute in them then wear fake glasses when you want to look cute for him, like an accessory, it doesn’t have to be such a big commitment from you and I doubt he would want it to be.

You got me with this one, you might be right
I guess I'll start with fake glasses and see how he likes it in real life,
Any idea of cute glasses frames for young women- narrow face?

amother
Calendula  

Post Fri, Dec 30 2022, 12:45 am
amother OP wrote:

Do what everyone who wears lenses does. Wear the lenses for work, or wherever else you go without your dh, and and wear the glasses for him at home or if you two are going somewhere together.

amother
  Calendula

Post Fri, Dec 30 2022, 12:46 am
amother OP wrote:
OP her,

That makes no sense. I have sever astigmatism and I transition easily from lenses to glasses. Lot of people do.

camp123

Post Fri, Dec 30 2022, 1:14 am
Do you never put on glasses when you are home?
That means you wear your lenses for more than 12 hours a day. I always thought that was bad for you. I used to wear my lenses all day and now my eyes got so dry I can't wear lenses anymore.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics