amother Gray wrote:
Very informative thread.
Anyone has anything to add for sukkas?
Where is the shul?

https://www.degelisrael.org/

amother
Plum  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:15 pm
This is such a helpful thread! Thank you everyone!

What would be a good itinerary for a rainy day? We're thinking to go in the next couple weeks and the forecast is saying it'll rain. Obviously can change but I'd like to be prepared.
Kids ages 1-6, cheap attractions

amother
  Moonstone  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:18 pm
Are you open to indoor trampolines and stuff that can be done anywhere or specially only things that can be done in Lancaster?

amother
  Plum

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:19 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Are you open to indoor trampolines and stuff that can be done anywhere or specially only things that can be done in Lancaster?

Preferably special Lancaster related things

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:21 pm
amother Plum wrote:
This is such a helpful thread! Thank you everyone!

What would be a good itinerary for a rainy day? We're thinking to go in the next couple weeks and the forecast is saying it'll rain. Obviously can change but I'd like to be prepared.
Kids ages 1-6, cheap attractions

My first choice would be hands on house children's museum

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:24 pm
We loved the Lancaster Science Factory. If you use your EBT card it's very affordable.

amother
Sand  

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 3:40 am
Crayola on the way there or back.

Hershy Chocolate-there are chocolate kisses ride/tour

DVOM  

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:53 am
I didn't read the whole thread, so I'm sure people have mentioned the more typical Lancaster attractions. Here's some of the more unusual things we did there:

We've stayed at the Red Caboose Motel. It's a hotel made entirely out of antique train cars set up in a big field. My kids loved sleeping on a train! There was a very cool playground which included a grain silo you could climb up,and every night there was a bonfire (we bought our own marshmallows) and a 'barn movie'- they had a big empty barn and would project an old Disney cartoon on one of the walls.

We love (LOVE) the Lancaster Reuse Center. It's basically an art thrift store, where they collect tons and tons of used art supplies and plain old junk. For 1 dollar you can use the 'open art table', basically a table set up with glue guns and supplies, and craft to your hearts content with anything you can find in the store. We've spent so many happy hours there. If your kids are artistic and love to make big 'projects', this is such a cool place.

amother
Moccasin

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 12:05 pm
My kids Love the science factory, but we live a little bit over an hour away, so we'll go on a random day for a few hours. It's not big at all but there is enough to keep busy for a few hours.

But I don't think you can fit dutch wonder land in the same day.

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 12:10 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
We loved the Lancaster Science Factory. If you use your EBT card it's very affordable.

We liked it also but OP said her kids are ages 1-6. I think she should save it for when they are a little older

ittsamother

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 3:14 pm
DVOM wrote:
and every night there was a bonfire (we bought our own marshmallows)

Just out of curiosity- would there be a problem of cooking on a fire that a non-Jew lit? Did you have to start the fire?

DVOM

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:21 am
ittsamother wrote:
Just out of curiosity- would there be a problem of cooking on a fire that a non-Jew lit? Did you have to start the fire?

No idea. I leave these things to my husband who didn't mention any issue with it. AYLOR.

amother
Cobalt  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:30 am
Which hotels would you stay at and what would you do with really young children? All toddlers under 3 years old

amother
  Cobalt  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:01 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Which hotels would you stay at and what would you do with really young children? All toddlers under 3 years old

Bump if anyone has time. Going last minute!

amother
  Copper  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 2:12 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:

There were a lot of good ideas listed earlier, worth reading thru the thread. I think Old Windmill Farm might be a good idea for rly little kids if they like holding and petting animals.

amother
  Sand  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:38 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Bump if anyone has time. Going last minute!

Personally I would probably stay at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, Wyndham or Eden resort. Check out which has a fridge adjoining rooms, outdoor amenities, or what's most important to your family.

Personally would do:
Cherry crest farm
Tiny town or hand on house for an indoor day
Treehouse Playground or Amos Herr Park
Old Windmill Farm/fruit picking

My kids are that age range and that's what I would do. I would choose a hotel with amenities for kids and not do too intense trips...

amother
  Copper  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:45 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Personally I would probably stay at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, Wyndham or Eden resort. Check out which has a fridge adjoining rooms, outdoor amenities, or what's most important to your family.

Personally would do:
Cherry crest farm

My kids are that age range and that's what I would do. I would choose a hotel with amenities for kids and not do too intense trips...

I agree with this breakdown. Only difference is we usually get an Airbnb. Find it more worthwhile with the included parking, several bedrooms, actual kitchen...

amother
  Sand

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:52 pm
amother Copper wrote:
I agree with this breakdown. Only difference is we usually get an Airbnb. Find it more worthwhile with the included parking, several bedrooms, actual kitchen...

There are places that you could stay on an actual farm. Once looked into it. seems so cool. Only turnoff was the smells all around for me lol. Will try and find the info later and can post if interesting for you.

amother
  Cobalt  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:13 pm
amother Sand wrote:

Personally would do:
Cherry crest farm

Thanks! Cherry crest farm is closed the days we are going is the Windmill Farm tour age appropriate? I see the tours are 60/90 minutes just want to make sure that a toddler old can last that

amother
  Copper  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:32 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Thanks! Cherry crest farm is closed the days we are going is the Windmill Farm tour age appropriate? I see the tours are 60/90 minutes just want to make sure that a toddler old can last that

Yes, I went with a 2 yr old and 3 yr old. They moved from animal to animal, so the kids were very entertained, and then a chunk of the time was a hay ride with a horse and wagon. That's rly what makes it take so long. I don't think it was longer than 60 min
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics