Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Right wing modern orthodox schools
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Cerulean  

Post Today at 6:42 am
amother Red wrote:
Why the need to put everyone down? This thread is so ridiculous. She asked about schools and so far all everyone did is make her feel unwelcome and attack her. You obviously don’t know about other circles and your derogatory comments about others are so uncalled for.

really?

ALL that EVERYONE did was attack her?

I actually see almost every post and response is useful, helpful information, directly addressing her questions and concerns as stated in the OP.
There are literally multiple pages of helpful posts.

To the person who suggested Arie Crown in Skokie, that's actually a great idea, if OP can swing moving to the Midwest. The parent body is exactly how she describes her hashkafa and it's a warm environment.

I myself went there, many years ago and grew up in a home like she describes. Worked out great!

amother
Dandelion

Post Today at 6:46 am
I would look into Arie Crown in Skokie (Chicago suburb)
90% of their mothers wear some form of head covering at all times, maybe 50% fully covers
Good solid school.

amother
  Cerulean

Post Today at 6:50 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
I would look into Arie Crown in Skokie (Chicago suburb)
90% of their mothers wear some form of head covering at all times, maybe 50% fully covers
Good solid school.

Yeah, I second this!

And for high school there is the academy or hsby, both great choices (the academy is more left, it used to he co-ed, but I wonder if it still is)

amother
  Oldlace

Post Today at 6:59 am
I'm sorry, but the suggestions of BPY and Noam are laughable here. Did you not read the op's follow up posts about needing to compromise with her husband? He will NOT be ok with either of those schools. Realistically, among the Bergen County schools, RYNJ is the only one that fits the criteria. YBH in Passaic may be an option too though might be more to the right than op wants. Community wise, they could live in Passaic and send to RYNJ, there are families that do that and it's not a crazy commute. There are Monsey families that do it too. Point being, you don't have to live in Teaneck/Bergenfield/Fairlawn to send there. High schools will be a whole other kettle of fish (though it sounds like she's not up to that stage yet) but she will have good options for both boys and girls for high school too in Northern NJ.

amother
Nemesia

Post Today at 7:02 am
amother Sapphire wrote:
Hi,
Do you believe in Torah U’Madda? How do you feel about Zionism and the State of Israel? Girls learning Gemara?
Are you OK with these things or do you believe in them?

I just want to clarify if you are looking for MO l’chatcilla or b’dieved? As MO is not bummy yeshivish. If you are going RWMO (or YU machmir), I think you will need to dress fully tznius and likely know the psak and Shittas as to why things are acceptable.

lol I’m chassidish but on an ideological level I’m 100% modern orthodox. I really truly believe in all of those ideas. I’m even passionate about it and read up a lot.

mha3484

Post Today at 7:30 am
Just to add on to my comment earlier. I think you and your husband would find a lot of compromise OOT. Most of the rebbeim and moros at arie crown are black hat yeshivish but the school has real spectrum. I know some more left wing MO families who just value single gender education who send there a lot in the middle and some yeshivish who the more right wing schools just were not a fit for for whatever reason. To me, that is an ideal situation for a family that has divergent views like you and your husband.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 10:03 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
I'm sorry, but the suggestions of BPY and Noam are laughable here. Did you not read the op's follow up posts about needing to compromise with her husband? He will NOT be ok with either of those schools. Realistically, among the Bergen County schools, RYNJ is the only one that fits the criteria. YBH in Passaic may be an option too though might be more to the right than op wants. Community wise, they could live in Passaic and send to RYNJ, there are families that do that and it's not a crazy commute. There are Monsey families that do it too. Point being, you don't have to live in Teaneck/Bergenfield/Fairlawn to send there. High schools will be a whole other kettle of fish (though it sounds like she's not up to that stage yet) but she will have good options for both boys and girls for high school too in Northern NJ.

I’m sure people were just trying to give some suggestions. BPY does not seem like an option for more reasons than just religious level but nonetheless, it was good to know to rule it out. Noam isn’t an option now but perhaps it would be down the road, who knows.

Yes RYNJ seems to be the best option currently and I’ve started looking into it. Thank you again.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics